Keanu Reeves may be one very, very loved celebrity but one fan/stalker seems to be taking it a little too far, and too close for comfort.
So Internet’s boyfriend Keanu Reeves finally had to put aside his nice buy persona and go to court to get a restraining order against one 38-year-old man named Bryan Dixon, who wants to prove he’s related to Reeves.
Keanu Reeves’ Stalker Trespassed Six Times Already
After Bryan Dixon kept appearing on his security cameras, Keanu Reeves finally hired a security firm to investigate the trespasser. Despite being escorted off Reeves’ property multiple times, Dixon kept finding different ways to break in and show up, uninvited.
The first time Dixon broke into Reeves’ property was November 5, as per TMZ, and the latest infarction was January 20. Fearing for his and Alexandra Grant‘s safety, the “John Wick” star now has the cops involved.
The 58-year-old has Mathew Rosengart representing him, with Rosengart being the same guy who got Britney Spears her freedom.
Rosengart went to court on Tuesday asking the judge for a temporary restraining order to protect Keanu Reeves and his partner Alexandra Grant from the continuous harassment that has been going on for months.
The Stalker Believes He’s Related To Keanu Reeves
According to the court documents, Dixon first trespassed on Keanu Reeves’ property on November 5 last year, when he entered through a side gate and fell asleep in the backyard before getting escorted outside. The next morning, he was back and left a “suspicious and alarming” backpack on Reeves’ property. Rosengart claimed the backpack included a DNA testing kit “apparently intended to use on Mr. Reeves in a delusional attempt to prove they are blood-related.”
Might have seen too many Matrix reruns!
The actor’s legal team insists that Dixon is a complete stranger to the actor but his disturbing social media campaign goes on. Dixon calls himself Jasper Keith Reeves and apparently wants to assign all his personal rights to Keanu Reeves so that the actor can be in charge of him.
What’s more, Keanu’s camp claims Dixon keeps posting disturbing messages on social media referring to himself as “Jasper Keith Reeves” and has set out to assign all of his personal “rights” to Keanu and put Keanu in “charge” of him.
What makes him an even bigger threat to the “Constantine” actor and his partner is that there are plenty of red flags in Dixon’s background. He has a bench warrant issued against him in Rhode Island for alleged breaking and entering with felonious intent, possessing burglary tools, and vandalism. Plus, his rap sheet spans two decades.
For now, a judge has granted a temporary restraining order barring Dixon from coming within 100 yards of Keanu Reeves and Alexandra Grant and the cops are involved too.
Reeves Needs To Channel His Inner “Constantine!”
Given that he’s been stalked by someone who has delusions, it seems Reeves will have to dig into his inner Constantine and exorcise the stalker.
Fans have been pretty kicked ever since DC announced that “Constantine 2” is a go, way after the first movie debuted in 2005. Back then, Reeves wasn’t the silver fox he is today, and yet, playing the baby-faced cynical exorcist John Constantine came pretty easily to the guy who is known for multi-franchises like “Matrix” and “John Wick.”
While James Gunn and Peter Safran may be canceling projects and firing actors left, right, and center, they too have fallen for the charms of the Internet’s favorite boyfriend. 17 years ago, when DCU was not even a thing despite Constantine being a DC hero, the movie grossed over $200 million at the box office, worldwide. Reeves admitted he thoroughly enjoyed the movie and has since been begging for reprisal for years, to no avail. Finally, he seems to have gotten his wish.
Meanwhile, there may be disappointing news for John Wick fans as Reeves is not sure about a fifth installment of the same, as he told said in an interview, “You have to see how the audience responds to what we did. The only reason we’ve had a chance to make these movies is that people have liked what we have done.”
And we have to admit, we like it. A lot! Even if it’s last year’s news…
View this post on Instagram