Travis Scott is ready for his big comeback.
He dipped his toes in the performance pod in May at the Billboard Music Awards. He took the stage as a solo act and from all points of view, he knocked it out of the park.
Travis has kept a pretty low profile both personally and professionally since his deadly November 5 Astroworld Festival in Houston, TX.
Travis Scott Is Making A Slow & Steady Comeback
10 people were killed during his show and hundreds of other people were injured. He’s been hit with multiple lawsuits upwards of a billion-dollars.
The “Sicko Mode” rapper announced on Tuesday, June 28, that he would be making his big comeback across the pond.
Travis will perform at London’s O2 Arena on August 6th.
He shared a photo to Instagram announcing the big news and captioned the photo, “Been in the studio for a while time to take it to bigger speaker see u soon London August 6.”
Travis Is Headed To London
View this post on Instagram
The rapper also announced O2 Priority Presale began on Wednesday, June 29th and General Admission tickets go on sale in July at travisscott.com.
Travis’ Billboard performance was compliments of Diddy.
The Blast previously reported Travis headlined the music award show thanks to the show’s host and executive producer, who spoke on the virtues of love and forgiveness.
On Monday, May 9, Diddy took to his Instagram page to let his over 18 million followers know he championed Scott’s upcoming TV performance for Sunday’s Billboard Music Awards.
The “Hello Good Morning” star broke the news, explaining how he made a special ask to the network behind the May 15 ceremony to bring the “Utopia” artist on board.
Diddy said, “For the Billboard Music Awards this Sunday, I made a request, I made a demand. I said, ‘My brother Travis Scott has to perform. I’m executive producing, he has to perform,’ and NBC said ‘yes.’ It’s going down Sunday, Travis Scott will be performing… Now that’s love.”
Diddy Wanted To Uncancel The Cancelled
The public has scrutinized the Texas native since the Astroworld tragedy, though he has claimed he was unaware when the crowd surge began mid-performance, according to Revolt Black News.
Since the debacle, the boyfriend of Kylie Jenner proposed covering the funeral costs of the deceased as well as paying back all the 50,000 attendees at the event.
He also launched “Project Heal” back in April.
View this post on Instagram
“My team and I created Project HEAL to take much needed action towards supporting real solutions that make all events the safest spaces they can possibly be. I will always honor the victims of the Astroworld tragedy who remain in my heart forever,” he announced. “Giving back and creating opportunities for the youth is something I’ve always done and will continue to do as long as I have the chance. This program will be a catalyst to real change and I can’t wait to introduce the rest of the technology and ideas we’ve been working on. See you all so soon 🤎🤎🤎.”