SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Alleged Kevin Hart Extortionist Claims Investigators Lied to Get Search Warrant, Wants Evidence Thrown Out

MEGA
By Daniel Goldblatt

The man accused of extorting Kevin Hart over a sex tape claims the search warrant used to get evidence in the case against him was based on lies and he wants all the evidence ruled inadmissible.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Jonathan Jackson claims that Los Angeles County District Attorney Senior Investigator Robin Letourneau "knowingly and intentionally made false and misleading statements that were necessary to the finding of probable cause to issue the warrant."

Jackson argues that Letourneau "intentionally omitted the key fact that no communication was ever made between the purported seller of the Kevin Hart sex tape and the complaining witness Kevin Hart."

Related to what you're reading:
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

MEGA

His attorney, Jacob Glucksman, argues that when Letourneau made her statement of probable cause, she "had no evidence at all that Mr. Hart was ever contacted over an extortion plot."

Glucksman argues that this "demonstrates the length to which the affiant went to twist and distort the facts of this case in order to procure a warrant to search Mr. Jackson’s home and personal devices."

Jackson's attorney claims the messages sent between from alleged seller of the sex tape show that the seller was communicating with someone who claimed to be a "Hollywood sex tape broker." In fact, Jackson claims the broker was secretly working for Hart but never revealed that the fact.

MEGA

The attorney claims there were no negotiations but no sales price was ever agreed upon. The lawyer also claims there was "never any extortion attempt or threat made."

Glucksman argues, "For instance, in the SPC, S.I. Letourneau wrote that 'The suspect(s) requested five million dollars in exchange for not ruining HART’S career by making the video public.' At the time the warrant was authored S.I. Letourneau had already obtained every associated email and contact made between the purported seller and the news outlets. No mention of $5 million was ever made, nor was it ever demanded in exchange for not ruining Kevin Hart’s career. This is simply fictitious and made up."

Ultimately, Jackson wants the search warrant quashed and any evidence that came from it to be thrown out.

A judge has yet to rule.

Instagram

Jackson was arrested and charged last year with one count each of attempted extortion and extortion by threatening letter.

In a press release at the time, the District Attorney's Office said, "Jackson is accused of trying to extort an undisclosed amount of money from Hart between Aug. 25 and Aug. 30, 2017. Jackson allegedly had a videotape of the actor with a woman in Las Vegas and then is accused of trying to sell the recording to numerous celebrity news websites."

The tape shows video of Kevin Hart surrounded by women, and then the video cuts to a bedroom with a squeaky bed. The implication in the edited tape is that Hart has been unfaithful, but The Blast is told it’s not clear that it’s him in the second part.

With obvious pain in his face, Hart chose to get ahead of the situation by releasing a video apologizing to his family for the “major lapse in judgment” and vowing not to be taken advantage of by anyone looking for a quick payday.

Load Comments
Next Article