Joseph Duggar mugshots photo collage
MEGA

Joseph Duggar’s ongoing legal battle has taken another turn after the former reality TV star filed a new request tied directly to the strict no-contact conditions in his Florida child molestation case. 

The former “19 Kids and Counting” personality is now asking the court to adjust the order so he can access several properties connected to his real estate work, despite their location near the alleged victim’s former residence. 

The filing comes as Joseph also fights for changes involving access to his children.

Joseph Duggar Wants Court To Modify Existing Restrictions

Joseph Duggar
Bay County Jail/MEGA

According to court documents obtained by Page Six, Joseph Duggar recently petitioned a Florida judge to revise the terms of the no-contact order currently in place against him.

Under the existing conditions, Joseph is prohibited from coming within 500 feet of the alleged victim connected to his criminal case. 

However, the 31-year-old argued in the filing that the circumstances surrounding the residence referenced in the order have changed significantly.

“The alleged victim and her family have abandoned their residence, no longer residing at the previously listed address,” Joseph stated in the paperwork.

The former TLC personality asked the court to allow him access to nearby land parcels he says he owns and maintains through his work in real estate.

“The Defendant requests this Honorable Court to amend the no contact order so that the Defendant may visit the following parcels of land owned and maintained by the Defendant,” the filing continued.

Joseph Says Real Estate Work Has Been Affected

Joseph Duggar booking photo, a married father-of-four and the younger brother of convicted sex offender Josh Duggar was arrested on Wednesday in connection with allegations that he touched a nine-year-old girl on her underwear and genitals.
Washington County Sheriff’s MEGA

Joseph Duggar explained that the restrictions are now interfering with his ability to manage several properties tied to his business responsibilities.

In the court filing, he listed six properties and outlined the work still to be completed at each location. According to the documents, those duties include landscaping, flooring installation, repairs, and general maintenance.

“The continued no contact order in its present form is causing issues with the Defendant being able to maintain the properties listed herein,” Joseph claimed.

At the same time, he stressed that he is not attempting to communicate with the alleged victim or violate the court’s restrictions in any direct way.

The former “Counting On” star clarified he is “not requesting contact with the alleged victim” or to be “within 500 feet of the alleged victim.”

Joseph also repeated the claim that the family connected to the case no longer lives at the address originally included in the order.

Joseph Duggar Is Also Fighting For Access To His Children

The latest request arrived shortly after Joseph submitted another filing seeking changes to separate restrictions involving his children with wife Kendra Duggar.

According to court papers, Joseph argued that the current conditions preventing unsupervised contact with his four children have created a major strain within the family.

He claimed the restrictions are “creating a hardship for the family unit,” adding that he has not spoken with or communicated with his children since his arrest earlier this year.

A judge is expected to review that request during a hearing scheduled for July 14. Meanwhile, his wife, Kendra, has continued to stand beside her husband publicly despite the serious allegations in the case. 

Joseph Faces Charges In Florida And Arkansas

As The Blast reported, Joseph Duggar was arrested in March after authorities charged him with lewd and lascivious behavior involving a child younger than 12, along with lewd and lascivious conduct by an adult.

The charges stemmed from an alleged incident involving a nine-year-old girl during a 2020 vacation in Panama City Beach, Florida.

According to the report, the alleged victim, now 14 years old, told investigators Joseph molested her during the trip. After being extradited to Florida, the alleged culprit entered a not-guilty plea during a court appearance.

The legal troubles did not stop there. Authorities in Arkansas later filed additional charges against Joseph, including four counts of second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor and four counts of second-degree false imprisonment. 

His wife, Kendra, was also charged in connection with the Arkansas case, which remains pending for both of them.

Inside Kendra’s Family Fallout After Joseph Duggar’s Arrest

Booking photo of Kendra Duggar who is now facing criminal charges alongside her husband, Joseph Duggar, after Arkansas police announced additional counts in the ongoing investigation.
Washington County Sheriffs DMEGA

As the fallout from her husband Joseph’s arrest continues, creating emotional and financial turmoil for the family, Kendra has reportedly cut off communication with her parents, Paul and Christina Caldwell.

According to The Blast, an insider claimed, “Kendra is not communicating with her family,” while alleging that the Caldwells were forced to leave the home they had been living in and place all their belongings in storage. 

The source further claimed the family was considering relocating out of state after allegedly losing both housing and financial stability amid the scandal.

In addition, the insider alleged that Paul had to leave his job to support his family as they attempted to rebuild their lives. 

Meanwhile, reports claim the Caldwells’ priority is now supporting the alleged victim connected to Joseph’s case and distancing themselves from the Duggar family entirely. 

Also, Paul has launched a GoFundMe campaign to help cover moving and displacement costs, insisting the funds would not go toward legal expenses tied to Joseph’s case.