
Sebastian Stan is sharing his thoughts about the current situation in the United States under Donald Trump‘s leadership, suggesting it feels similar to what he witnessed with “The Apprentice.”
Stan portrayed a young Trump in the 2024 film, which premiered a year before the president’s re-election.
Now, two years later, the actor believes many of the tensions and controversies with the movie are beginning to mirror reality.
Sebastian Stan Calls The State Of The Country Under Donald Trump’s Rule As ‘Really Bad’

During a press conference for his new movie “Fjord” at the Cannes Film Festival on Tuesday, Stan spoke candidly about the country’s direction while reflecting on the Trump biopic.
When journalists in the room began laughing after he was asked about Trump’s first year back in office, Stan quickly shut down the mood, saying the situation was far too serious for jokes.
“I think we’re in a really, really bad place. I really do,” the actor said, per PEOPLE Magazine. He further pointed to concerns around media influence, censorship, threats, and endless legal battles, claiming the film had already hinted at many of the issues now unfolding.
“You know, the writing was on the wall. We encountered all that with the movie,” he added.
The 43-year-old recalled how uncertain the production team was just days before the film’s Cannes debut. Trump’s team reportedly threatened legal action against the filmmakers, accusing the project of spreading false and sensationalized claims.
The Marvel star also suggested the movie may now resonate more with audiences, adding that the team experienced many of the same pressures late-night hosts like Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert are facing.
Sebastian Stan Said His Most Challenging Role Was Playing Trump

As Stan reflects on both the film and today’s political atmosphere, he has also spoken openly about the difficulties of portraying Trump on screen.
While attending last year’s Golden Globe Awards, the actor admitted that playing Trump was the most difficult role he has taken on in his career.
As The Blast reported, Stan explained that the role came with a level of pressure and responsibility unlike anything he had experienced before. He also recalled the “sleepless nights” that came with playing such a divisive public figure and the lasting impact the experience had on him.
The movie directed by Ali Abassi traces Trump’s ascent as a real estate mogul in the 1970s and 1980s, delving into the ambition, power struggles, and personal controversies that defined his career.
Zach Galifianakis Criticized Comedians Who ‘Suck Up’ To Trump

While Abbasi explored Trump through film, other entertainers have also shared strong opinions about the president in recent months.
During a recent appearance on “Conan Needs A Friend,” Zach Galifianakis called out comedians and podcast hosts he believes interview Trump without asking tough or uncomfortable questions.
“Podcasters that have had the president on now, they don’t do their court jester… they don’t do it. They just suck up to him,” Galifianakis argued, according to The Blast.
He added that comedians are supposed to challenge powerful people and create discomfort rather than sit through interviews offering fake laughter or praise.
Rod Stewart Took A Swipe At Trump While Praising King Charles III

Amid criticism aimed at entertainers who appear too friendly toward Trump, other celebrities have openly mocked the president.
The Blast reported a few days ago that Rod Stewart appeared to take a jab at the 79-year-old Republican during The King’s Trust 50th Anniversary Celebration, where King Charles III was also in attendance.
Stewart praised the monarch for how he handled his recent trip abroad, calling it “superb.”
The moment then took an unexpected turn when Stewart appeared to reference Trump, remarking that the King had “put that little rat bag in his place.”
Although Charles did not visibly respond to the comment, several people nearby could be heard laughing, and many online interpreted the remark as a jab at Trump.
Mark Hamill Apologized For AI Edited Picture Of Trump In A Grave

Another high-profile figure who has targeted Trump lately is Mark Hamill, although he was quick to take back his words.
Per The Blast, the “Star Wars” actor shared a picture showing the business mogul in a shallow grave with a tombstone that carried his name and date, “1946-2024,” writing “If Only.”
In the caption, Hamill added he should “live long enough” to face political defeat, accountability, and disgrace in history. The White House quickly condemned the post, labeling Hamill a “deranged lunatic” while accusing Democrats of encouraging hostile rhetoric.
After backlash, Hamill deleted the post and clarified that he was not wishing Trump dead but rather alive to be held accountable, apologizing if the image was inappropriate.
