
Spencer Pratt says his controversial run for Los Angeles mayor has come with a terrifying downside: death threats serious enough to completely change the way he lives.
The former “Hills” star revealed his security situation has dramatically escalated as his campaign gains momentum against Karen Bass and Nithya Raman.
Now, Pratt claims the threats have forced him out of his trailer setup and into one of the city’s most heavily protected luxury hotels while police remain involved behind the scenes.
Spencer Pratt Says Security Threats Forced Him Into Hiding

Spencer Pratt’s mayoral campaign has taken a darker turn as concerns over his personal safety continue growing.
According to a statement issued by Pratt’s campaign team, the reality star has been dealing with what his security staff described as “credible threats” tied to the increasingly heated Los Angeles mayoral race.
“In response, we have increased and adjusted his security detail accordingly. We are also working closely with the LAPD to ensure the ongoing safety of Spencer and his family,” Pratt’s head of security told the Daily Mail.
The statement made clear that the focus is now entirely on keeping Pratt, his wife Heidi Montag, and their children protected.
“I will not be providing any further details. Our sole focus is the protection of Spencer and his loved ones — not feeding tabloid speculation.”
The threats reportedly became serious enough that Pratt’s team contacted the Los Angeles Police Department directly while reevaluating his living arrangements during the campaign.
Pratt Defended His Luxury Hotel Stay After Backlash

Spencer Pratt recently found himself under fire after reports surfaced claiming he had been staying at the ultra-exclusive Hotel Bel-Air during his campaign.
The backlash came because the Los Angeles mayoral candidate previously discussed living in an Airstream trailer after the devastating Palisades wildfire destroyed his $3 million family home.
Critics quickly accused Pratt of exaggerating his living situation, especially after reports claimed the trailer now sits empty while Montag and their children stay in Carpinteria.
Pratt fired back publicly after the story gained traction online. “Hey guys, why don’t they wanna talk about why I need a hotel in the first place?” he wrote on X, adding, “Karen Bass let my home burn down. Also 6,000 of my neighbors. NBD.”
Pratt later explained the trailer was no longer realistic given the security concerns surrounding his campaign. According to him, the Hotel Bel-Air became necessary because it offers private armed protection.
He also accused supporters of his political rivals of becoming increasingly hostile as his campaign picked up support.
Spencer Pratt Claims Debate Success Intensified The Threats

Pratt believes his rising popularity in the race has directly fueled the attacks against him.
After appearing in a televised debate against Karen Bass and Nithya Raman on May 6, the 42-year-old unexpectedly became one of the biggest talking points online.
An NBC Los Angeles viewer poll reportedly showed roughly 90% of respondents declaring him the winner of the debate.
Pratt later claimed the reaction from critics intensified immediately afterward. “Since I destroyed them in the debate and am surging in the polls, they are getting increasingly desperate and hostile,” he told TMZ.
The former MTV personality has repeatedly referred to supporters of Bass and Raman as “Bassholes and Ramaniacs” while accusing them of encouraging toxic behavior online.
Meanwhile, Pratt has positioned himself as an outsider candidate furious over the city’s current condition.
“I was an angry Angeleno running to get LA to be the number one city. Their failed leadership is why I’m gonna get elected,” he said.
Pratt Built His Campaign Around Los Angeles Frustrations

Although Spencer Pratt’s campaign initially shocked many observers, his blunt criticism of Los Angeles leadership has gained traction with frustrated voters.
Much of his platform centers around issues that directly impacted his own life, especially the Palisades wildfire that destroyed his family’s home.
Pratt has aggressively blamed Mayor Bass for the city’s handling of the disaster while also targeting homelessness, drug use, and crime throughout Los Angeles.
He previously proposed a controversial three-week “grace period” that would warn criminals, homeless residents, and drug users to leave the city.
Pratt has also pushed back against attempts to label him politically. After Raman described him as a “MAGA Republican,” Pratt insisted he was running independently.
“I represent all of Los Angeles,” Pratt told NBC Los Angeles, adding, “I don’t have a campaign manager. I don’t have campaign consultants. There’s no political party backing me.”
At the same time, rumors continue swirling that Donald Trump could potentially endorse him in the race.
Spencer Pratt’s Family Life Continues Amid Campaign Chaos

While Pratt spends most of his time campaigning in Los Angeles, Heidi Montag has remained focused on her own growing music career.
The singer is currently preparing for a performance at Canada’s Neon Skies Festival, where she will appear alongside Kesha and Slayyyter in July.
Montag is also preparing to release her upcoming album “Masterpiece” later this summer.
Meanwhile, Pratt continues balancing family life with mounting campaign pressures, heightened security, and constant public scrutiny.
Despite the controversy surrounding his candidacy, Pratt appears fully committed to pushing forward with his campaign while portraying himself as someone fighting for frustrated Los Angeles residents who feel abandoned by city leadership.
