Nas and Kelis
READ THE TEXTS
Exclusive Details

Nas and Kelis Warring Over Custody Again: See the Explosive Text Exchange

Nas and Kelis seemingly settled their custody battle last month, but they are back at again as he is accusing her of withholding their child during his scheduled time.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, the rap star claims he showed up the Friday of Easter weekend to pick up Knight, but things went downhill quick.

“When I arrived at Kelis’s house,” Nas says, “she immediately began screaming at me, telling me that I could not take our son. She was so irate I did not know what to do.”

Nas claims there was no special arrangement about the holiday weekend — Kelis was also specific about wanting to have Knight for Passover — and says he would have worked something out with her if she’d asked beforehand.

According to the docs, Nas believes Kelis thinks their recent custody agreement is just a “guideline” and she does not have to abide by it. He included a text message conversation between the two where Kelis says at one point, “The agreement we both agreed on is a guideline nothing more. You said and I quote ‘we can make it whatever we need and talk about it I just want something on paper’ end quote.”

Later in the text message conversation, after Nas says he will take her to court, Kelis responds, “Take me dummy. Take me. Have you not seen I’m not afraid of you anymore!!! … I will not be intimidated by you and we are going to court anyway.”

Nas also says Kelis has prevented him from picking up Knight at school when it’s his turn, but Nas has tried not to make an issue out of it, saying, “I don’t want to have a confrontation with Kelis, particularly one at our son’s school.”

In the end, Nas is seeking an order to enforce their agreement and to sanction Kelis for her actions.

The case is ongoing.