Lady Gaga has long been a champion for human rights and social issues, and now she appears to be taking even more action with a plan that has the potential to impact humanity and drastically improve the quality of life for many people.
According to documents obtained by The Blast, Gaga filed on May 17 to trademark “Channel Kindness” through her Born This Way Foundation non-profit. The “Poker Face” star launched Channel Kindness in 2016 as a media platform comprised of youth reporters to cover acts of kindness in their communities, but now it appears she’s taking the program to a whole new level.
The new Channel Kindness claims to be focused on action-oriented charitable services and cultural awareness, including providing:
- Food and furniture to needy persons
- Child care services for the children of teenage mothers
- Temporary housing accommodations for teenage mothers and their children
- Food to orphaned and destitute children worldwide
- Meals to qualified recipients after they are discharged from the hospital
- Charitable fundraising by means of organizing and conducting special events
- Making monetary grants to individuals and local community groups who provide acts of kindness, services and activities for persons in need
- Fundraising events to encourage intercollegiate athletic programs
- Providing scholarships and grants to causes promoting the youth’s self expression and individuality
- Organizing and conducting fundraising events to promote human individuality and cultural differences and their importance in society
- Providing grants for promoting and supporting awareness, organizations and programs about gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender and related social issues
- Bullying and cyberbullying prevention and awareness
It’s unclear how hands-on Mother Monster will be in Channel Kindness, but it’s safe to say the future of humanity is a bit sparklier with her around.