Kevin Hart
Breaking News

Kevin Hart’s Alleged Sex Tape Extortionist Arrested and Charged with Two Felonies

The guy who allegedly tried to extort Kevin Hart over an alleged sex tape has been arrested and charged with two felony counts of extortion.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Jonathan Todd Jackson was arrested on April 30 and held on $100,000 bail.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced on Wednesday that Jackson was charged with one count each of attempted extortion and extortion by threatening letter.

In a press release, the District Attorney’s Office said, “Jackson is accused of trying to extort an undisclosed amount of money from Hart between Aug. 25 and Aug. 30, 2017. Jackson allegedly had a videotape of the actor with a woman in Las Vegas and then is accused of trying to sell the recording to numerous celebrity news websites.”

If convicted on the charges, Jackson faces a possible maximum sentence of four years in county jail.

As The Blast previously reported, the tape shows video of Kevin Hart surrounded by women, and then the video cuts to a bedroom with a squeaky bed. The implication in the edited tape is that Hart has been unfaithful, but The Blast is told it’s not clear that it’s him in the second part.

With obvious pain in his face, Hart chose to get ahead of the situation by releasing a video apologizing to his family for the “major lapse in judgment” and vowing not to be taken advantage of by anyone looking for a quick payday.

The Blast received a statement from Kevin’s team, “Someone tried to set up Kevin in a failed extortion attempt. As law enforcement is involved, we cannot comment further as it could affect the investigation.”