According to new legal documents, obtained by The Blast, Pussy Cat Dolls and their original founder — Robin Antin — are accusing Nicole of breaching her original contract to join the group on a reunion tour. In the filing, the group says they spend over two years negotiating a new tour and relaunching the group to a new generation.
Back in 2017, PCD says it received $600,000 from Live Nation to partner with the group and be the exclusive promotion company for the tour. At the time, the group says it was negotiated with Nicole that she would receive 49 percent of the shares and profits from the newly formed business for the tour. In return, Robin Antin would receive the other 51%. According to the lawsuit, following the execution of the deal — Antin started using her “professional network, personal resources, and foresight to procure a deal with Live Nation with respect to the touring activities.”
Pussycat Dolls Accuse Lead Singer Of Backing Out Of Tour!
As you know, PCD announced the upcoming tour and Scherzinger promoted the tour repeatedly and publicly. Unfortunately, due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, the originally scheduled start of May 2021 to June 2021 had to be rescheduled to a future date.
Now, the group says Nicole is refusing to participate in the reunion tour and says it’s all about money!
Earlier this year, Nicole reportedly sent demands through her attorneys to become the owner of 75% of the newly formed company for the upcoming tour. In other words, she wants a much bigger piece of the pie. The lawsuit alleges she also wants “complete creative control” and be afforded “final decision-making authority.”
Nicole Scherzinger Allegedly Wants Bigger Piece Of The Pie
If not, PCD claims she is not willing to perform in the upcoming shows. As for why the new demands? The group claims she is citing “growth of her personal brand” and opportunities she would have to forego if she goes on tour. On May 17, 2021, Nicole allegedly sent an email saying she refused to participate in the concerns “unless (Robin and Nicole) are able to work this out because where they stand will not work for (her.)”
The lawsuit alleged Scherzinger even made attempts to “profit off of the goodwill of the PCD brand” by asking for access from Antin for her PCD signature wardrobe for personal use on appearances for ‘The Masked Singer.’
PCD Accusing Nicole Scherzinger Of Financially ‘Extorting’ Them Over Upcoming Shows
At this point, PCD claims they are unable to confirm the tour dates because of Scherzinger’s “extortion” and Live Nation is demanding the return of its $600,000 investment. The group says Nicole is in breach of her original contract, and her “conduct effectively extorts (the group) for a significantly great benefit at the direct expense of others.”
Now, the group is seeking to recover all profits and losses in connection with Nicole’s decision to not perform in the reunion tour. In all, the group and Antin believe the damages to be in the “millions of dollars.”
So far, Nicole Scherzinger has not commented on the suit.