Sad news “Bridgerton” fans, it appears we are going to have to wait longer than expected for season 2.
Lady Whistledown must be getting pretty bored given she hasn’t been able to spill the tea on what is happening with the Bridgerton family.
Season 2 of the highly acclaimed Netflix show began production in April of this year and Phoebe Dynevor who plays the role of Daphne Bridgerton was spotted on set in May.
The second season of Bridgerton will follow the story of Lord Anthony Bridgerton, Daphne’s older, bachelor brother.
Fans will have to continue to wait with bated breath, because production has been shut down for an ‘indefinite period of time.’
Per a report from Deadline, Netflix has paused production for an indefinite period of time as the streamer and producers at Shondaland establish a timetable for a safe return amid the Delta variant of coronavirus surging across the UK.
On Thursday, July 15, production was halted for 24 hours after a crew member tested positive for Coronavirus.
Production picked back up on Friday, but was once again shut down on Saturday, July 17 after yet another crew member tested positive for the virus.
Deadline reports, “Netflix declined to comment on whether it was a cast or crew member who has contracted the virus, though the indefinite length of the hiatus will lead to speculation that it could be an actor. Either way, the individual is now isolating.”
View this post on Instagram
Despite this unfortunate setback, the show received 12 Emmy Award nominations earlier in the week.
The show received a nomination for ‘Best Drama Series,’ and Rege-Jean Page, who portrayed the Duke Of Hastings Simon Basset, received a nomination for ‘Leading Actor In A Drama.’
In addition to these nominations, the show is also nominated in nine other categories, including for period costumes, casting, cinematography, directing, and original title music.
Rege-Jean Page will NOT be returning for the second season of the hit show.
His exit caused quite the stir on the Internet with many conflicting reports.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Page only signed a one-year deal for the show, which meant he was never promised to return.
On the contrary, a source told PageSix he would not be returning due to ‘creative differences’ between Page and Shonda Rhimes.
View this post on Instagram
A Hollywood source told the outlet days after his statement that QUOTE, “Regé is not coming back to Bridgerton because of creative differences with [executive producer] Shonda Rhimes and her team.”
On top of the alleged ‘creative differences,’ the insider also explained that Page is in high demand for other leading roles.
That is a fact. Page has committed to several buzzy projects including the Russo brothers’ Netflix movie “The Grey Man” in which he’ll appear alongside Chris Evans, Ryan Gosling, and Ana de Armas.
He will also star in the highly anticipated “Dungeons and Dragons.”