Kanye West And Diddy May Release Album Amid Scandal: “Be On The Lookout”
By Kelly Coffey-Behrens on July 5, 2025 at 2:30 PM EDT

Kanye West and Sean “Diddy” Combs may be joining forces in the studio, despite both artists facing intense public backlash and legal scrutiny.
The rumors come months after West previewed a new track in March featuring Combs, with audio reportedly recorded during a jailhouse phone call while Diddy was being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.
Kanye West And Diddy Plot Music Comeback Amid Scandal

According to a source close to West, now legally known as Ye, a full song, and possibly even a collaborative album, is in the works between the controversial rappers.
“It’s only a matter of time,” a source told Page Six, adding that Diddy and West are exploring music as a form of redemption. “Music was a salvation for him, Diddy, like it was for Ye. Diddy’s looking to make amends. I think a song would be the best way to communicate a change.”
The source emphasized that Ye is one of the only artists willing to partner with Diddy amid his current legal troubles.
“Ye is brave enough to touch a hot [rod like] Diddy right now. I don’t think any other artists would,” they said. “Be on the lookout for the song.”
Kanye West Previewed Jailhouse Track Featuring Diddy Months Before Guilty Verdict

Their collaboration may have already begun.
In March, West previewed a new track that featured Combs, audio that was reportedly recorded during a jailhouse phone call while Diddy was being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn. At the time, Combs had been awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking and racketeering charges following his September 2024 arrest.
The call, which was featured on West’s track, captured Diddy issuing a warning. “You be careful out there ’cause they definitely trying to end us,” he told Ye, adding, “They can’t do it and they ain’t gonna do it. I’m going to beat this sh-t and get next to you.”
Despite his confidence, Combs was found guilty this week on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution. He was acquitted of the more serious charges, including sex trafficking and racketeering, which could have resulted in a life sentence.
Still, he faces up to 20 years in prison on the current charges, with a sentencing hearing scheduled for Tuesday, July 8.
Former Prosecutor Warns Diddy Could Face Harsh Sentence Despite Acquittal On Top Charges

Although Sean “Diddy” Combs was acquitted of the most serious allegations against him, including federal racketeering and sex trafficking charges, a former federal prosecutor warns that the music mogul may still be facing significant prison time.
Former federal prosecutor Jennifer Beidel told the Daily Mail that Judge Subramanian may “throw the book” at Combs when sentencing is scheduled. “He is saying he thinks that Diddy poses a danger to society,” Beidel explained, referring to the judge’s comments during the bond hearing.
Beidel also noted that both legal teams presented sentencing guideline calculations during the hearing, with the government’s recommendation being significantly higher.
“I think the judge is probably signaling that he's gonna be receptive to some of those additions to the guidelines range,” she said. “And when the guidelines range goes up, the sentence usually goes up.”
Though some viewed the outcome as a partial legal win for Combs, Beidel’s warning suggests that the rapper’s legal troubles are far from over.
Kanye West’s Own Downfall

West’s own fall from grace has been steep.
Once a revered figure in the music industry, he has spent the last few years engulfed in controversy following multiple antisemitic remarks, including public admiration for Adolf Hitler and the sale of clothing featuring Nazi symbols.
Kanye West Denied Entry To Australia Over Hitler-Glorifying Song

Amid the ongoing controversy, Kanye West has been officially barred from entering Australia following the release of his widely condemned track "Heil Hitler," which glorifies the Nazi leader.
The decision was confirmed by Australia’s Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke, who revealed that West’s visa had been canceled shortly after the song’s release in early May.
Despite being married to Australian designer Bianca Censori, Ye’s inflammatory rhetoric has made him persona non grata in several countries. “There is no place in Australia for hate speech that glorifies genocide,” Minister Burke stated in a press briefing, per BBC, citing national security and public interest concerns as reasons behind the visa cancellation.
Still, insiders suggest that the two embattled stars see their music as a path forward, and possibly, a way to rewrite their stories. Whether the public is ready to listen remains to be seen.