
Taylor Swift & Blake Lively Reportedly 'Talking Again' Amid Justin Baldoni Lawsuit After Singer Felt 'Used'
By Favour Adegoke on April 5, 2025 at 12:30 PM EDT
Taylor Swift is reportedly back on speaking terms with her longtime pal Blake Lively after previously falling out over being dragged into her legal battle with actor Justin Baldoni.
The singer didn't like that she was named in Baldoni's counter lawsuit against Lively, particularly where he alleged that he was "ambushed" by Lively and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, as well as Swift when he visited her to discuss the film "It Ends With Us."
Justin Baldoni also slammed Ryan Reynolds as Blake Lively's "co-conspirator" in a new filing after the Marvel star's motion to be dismissed from the director's $400 million defamation lawsuit.
Taylor Swift & Blake Lively Have 'Worked Everything Out'

Swift and Lively have reportedly buried the hatchet and are back on speaking terms.
The pair, who have been close pals for over a decade, seemingly fell out with each other after Swift was mentioned twice in Baldoni's lawsuit against Lively.
"[Swift and Lively] have worked everything out," a source told NewsNation. "Blake apologized, and they are talking again."
Baldoni had alleged in his lawsuit that the "Gossip Girl" actress timed his arrival at her NYC apartment to talk about their film "It Ends With Us" to coincide with that of the "Blank Space" singer, claiming he was "ambushed" by Lively, Reynolds, and Swift.
"Taylor is annoyed she was brought into this," a source shared earlier this year. "She was supporting her friend — and went to her house to hang out, and now that [hangout] is part of [Baldoni's] lawsuit. It's a lot."
Taylor Swift 'Wasn't Happy' With Being Dragged Into Her Friend's Legal Mess

Things between the pair soured when Baldoni's allegations hit the public, especially one where he claimed Lively referenced herself as "Game Of Thrones" character Khaleesi while calling Swift and Reynolds her "dragons" in an alleged bid to force him to accept tweaks she made to the now-infamous rooftop scene.
A source told Us Weekly that the global popstar "wasn't happy with being brought into the legal mess."
The "Bad Blood" hitmaker notably omitted Lively from her VIP guest list during the Super Bowl 2025 match between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Lively attended last year's edition with Swift and her crew as they cheered on the Kansas City Chiefs from a jam-packed VIP suite at Allegiant Stadium, but things took a different turn following Swift being dragged into the legal mess.
The Singer Was 'Baffled' About Being Labeled One Of Blake Lively's 'Dragons'

A source told TMZ that Swift felt "used" and "resents" Lively for "calling her one of her dragons and leveraging her name," adding that the 14-time Grammy winner was blindsided over a purported meeting she had with Lively and Baldoni.
The source claimed Swift came to Lively's apartment when the actress told her to arrive and had "no idea" that Baldoni would be there.
They explained that the pop star believed Lively "timed" her meeting with Baldoni so she would arrive before he left.
The insider also noted that Swift was "baffled" by Lively calling her a "dragon" adding: "It's weird to say that about a friend."
Taylor Swift May Not Face Deposition

Reports earlier surfaced suggesting the Grammy winner would face deposition from Baldoni's lawyers led by Bryan Freedman.
According to the Daily Mail, a source shared that she'll be subpoenaed to provide testimony under oath in the legal drama between the costars ahead of their March 2026 trial date.
The source claimed that the first group of potential witnesses Baldoni's team wants to question have been contacted, amongst whom are Swift, "It Ends With Us" actors Jenny Slate and Isabela Ferrer, senior staff at the talent agency WME, which represents Lively, and executives at Sony.
However, Freedman is still unsure if Swift would end up being questioned. "I don't know that we're going to depose Taylor Swift or not," he told TMZ.
"I think that that's gonna be probably a game-time decision," Freedman added.
Justin Baldoni Calls Ryan Reynolds His Wife's 'Co-Conspirator'

Lively and Baldoni's legal battle first began in December when the actress accused him of sexual harassment on the set of "It Ends With Us."
Baldoni denied the allegations and filed a $400 million countersuit where he accused Lively, her husband Reynolds, and their publicist Leslie Sloane of running a smear campaign against him.
He also alleged Lively and her husband attempted to hijack the film from him using their celebrity status.
In a Tuesday filing, Baldoni referred to Reynolds as Lively's "co-conspirator" after the "Deadpool" actor requested a judge dismiss him from Baldoni's defamation lawsuit.

"Reynolds pretends that Baldoni's and the Wayfarer Studios legal team's 'First Amended Complaint' (the 'FAC') fails to set forth any basis for his liability and that he merely acted as a supportive spouse," Baldoni's lawyers wrote in the filing, per Fox News Digital. "Not so. The FAC specifically alleges ample facts to support the Wayfarer Parties claims against him, based on both his direct actions and his liability as a co-conspirator."
It went on to say, "Even in the extremely unlikely event that the Court determines" dismissing Reynolds from the lawsuit is "appropriate, Reynolds is unable to recover his attorneys' fees" because Anti-SLAPP laws that protect people from meritless lawsuits don't apply in this case.
The filing added, "In short, the Motion should be denied."
Lively and Baldoni are currently set to face off in court on March 9, 2026.