More than two months after “Euphoria” star Angus Cloud passed under mysterious circumstances, the cause of his death has been revealed.
On July 31, Cloud was declared dead in a statement by his family. He was only 25. His passing raised questions among fans with many believing it was suicide given that the actor had recently lost his father and spoke about his mental struggles with the loss.
Angus Cloud Had Cocaine, Fentanyl, Methamphetamine In His System
In documents released by the Alameda County Coroner, the late rising actor’s death was ruled an accidental overdose. He reportedly had a lethal combination of fentanyl, cocaine, methamphetamine, and more.
As a result, he suffered acute intoxication from the combination of drugs which also included benzodiazepine. Fans may recall, that Cloud’s family broke the news of his passing via a statement that read,
“It is with the heaviest heart that we had to say goodbye to an incredible human today. As an artist, a friend, a brother, and a son, Angus was special to all of us in so many ways. Last week he buried his father and intensely struggled with this loss.”
The heartbreaking message continued, “The only comfort we have is knowing Angus is now reunited with his dad, who was his best friend. Angus was open about his battle with mental health and we hope that his passing can be a reminder to others that they are not alone and should not fight this on their own in silence. We hope the world remembers him for his humor, laughter, and love for everyone. We ask for privacy at this time as we are still processing this devastating loss.”
It is worth noting that Cloud’s mother insisted that her son didn’t take his life and hinted at a possible overdose. Cloud’s death was often compared to that of rapper Mac Miller, due to their similar looks. Unfortunately, it seems that have this now in common.
Miller died of “mixed drug toxicity” that included cocaine, fentanyl, and alcohol according to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office.