The situation is not looking good for Jonathan Majors as more women are reportedly set to speak out about the alleged abuse they experienced at the actor’s hands.
Last month, the Yale University graduate’s image went downhill after he was arrested on domestic violence charges for physically assaulting a 30-year-old woman in New York City. Following the incident, many have cut ties with the entertainer.
Although the “Creed III” star had a glimmer of hope in escaping the charges per his attorney’s claims, the appearance of new victims might worsen his situation. Is the beloved actor a repeated offender? Keep reading to find out.
Jonathan Majors’ Domestic Violence Case Takes An Unexpected Turn With More Alleged Victims
As the “Lovecraft Country” star awaits his court appearance on May 8, Variety shared that the TV personality and his legal team would need to make extra preparations for their defense.
Sources knowledgeable about the ongoing drama revealed to the news outlet that multiple abuse victims are firing back at their alleged perpetrator. These women found the courage to voice their ordeals following the actor’s arrest in March.
According to insiders, these individuals were cooperating with the Manhattan district attorney’s office to gain justice for the alleged crime. The likelihood of more women against Majors marks an unexpected turn in the case given the latter’s confidence in overcoming the charges. However, his attorney insists that he is completely innocent.
“Jonathan Majors is innocent and has not abused anyone. We have provided irrefutable evidence to the District Attorney that the charges are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated,” the Hollywood sensation’s lawyer Priya Chaudhry said in a statement.
As you might know, the California native was arrested on March 25 in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan following the NYPD’s response to a 30-year-old woman’s claims of assault. In the wake of his arrest on domestic violence charges, the stance “innocent until proven guilty” did not work for the “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” star as (he lost valuable connections.
Just at the start of the week, the actor was dropped by his longtime management, Entertainment 360. The dissolution of his contract came three weeks after the physical assault allegations. However, informants claimed the case had nothing to do with Majors’ departure. Instead, the 33-year-old was accused of having a questionable personality.
According to the sources, Entertainment 360 chose to let the California native go because of “issues surrounding the actor’s behavior.” Although they did not explain what the TV personality did or said to warrant his expulsion, one could only imagine.
The “Devotion” actor’s arrest might not have influenced his separation from the talent management organization. However, the same could not be said about his PR firm, The Lede Company. The organization did not release a reason, but Majors was confirmed to no longer be represented by them.
The firm suspiciously ended its relationship with the Black Reel Award winner in March after his case came to light. Additionally, the Marvel star would not be joining his peers at this year’s Met Gala.
The “Loki” actor shall skip the annual event following a mutual agreement with the fashion house Valentino. The brand and the entertainer reportedly agreed he would not participate in the upcoming ceremony as a guest.
‘The Harder They Fall’ Star’s Lawyer Claimed She Has Proof To Exonerate Him
As you might know, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association award honoree was arrested on various charges including, “misdemeanor assault and aggravated harassment.”
Defending the actor’s honor, his attorney released a statement refuting these accusations and claimed the 33-year-old was the real victim. “Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows,” Chaudhry declared.
“We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently,” the lawyer continued. “All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever.”
According to sources, the evidence gathered included video footage from the vehicle where the alleged assault occurred, a statement for the car’s driver, and testimonies from eyewitnesses. Additionally, there was proof that the woman accusing Majors had retracted her statements.