After battling Lymphoma for two years, Jeff Bridges has revealed some excellent news regarding his health. The actor is best known for his Oscar-nominated roles in “Crazy Heart,” “The Last Picture Show,” “Thunderbolt and Lightfoot,” “Starman,” “The Contender,” “True Grit,” and “Hell or High Water.”
Despite his old age, Bridges always gave off the impression of being capable of continuing to perform at a high level. However, after being diagnosed with Lymphoma, he had to take a break from the performing scenes. Fortunately, the actor’s worst appears to be behind him, as he just released a favorable health update on his condition.
Jeff Bridges Says He Feels Safe
Bridges announced on his website per People, that he was in remission in late 2021, stating that the 9″ × 12″ malignant tumor had reduced to the size of a marble. After only a few months, he has recently released information that he is ready to resume his previous filming activities before his cancer diagnosis.
“As far as I’m concerned, FX and all of the team were so considerate and gave me all of the time I needed to heal and all the support I needed,” he said during a virtual panel on Tuesday according to Deadline. “The protocols — we were still in COVID — made me feel very safe and eager to get down to business and play.”
Bridges’ remark focused on thanking the cast, crew, and producers of his forthcoming FX series “The Old Man” for their support and for allowing him the time to heal throughout his cancer struggle.
Jeff Bridges Contracted Covid Amid His Lymphoma Battles
Bridges was apparently exposed to Covid-19 in the hospital where he was receiving cancer treatment. Unfortunately, the actor contracted the virus, which took a toll on his already weakened immune system. Although going through the ordeal was a harrowing experience for the actor, being so near to death helped him realize what life is all about.
“While I had moments of tremendous pain (screaming singing, a sort of moaning song all through the night) getting close to the Pearly Gates, all in all, I felt happy and joyous most of the time,” he said in a post from last year. “This brush with mortality has brought me a real gift — LIFE IS BRIEF AND BEAUTIFUL. LOVE IS ALL AROUND US AND AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES.”
Bridges Ailment Halted the production of his series ‘The Oldman’
According to sources, work on “The Old Man” was suspended twice: once when the COVID-19 epidemic came out in March 2020, and again when Bridges was undergoing cancer treatment. For the latter, the actor stated that his downtime seemed like a dream and that it was nice to be back with the squad.
During the Tuesday virtual event, he further revealed that his cancer diagnosis influenced his role on the show as Dan Chase, a character who has Alzheimer’s disease.
“In times like that, it seems like all your philosophies and spirituality comes to you. It tests you,” he said. “All of that has been made more mature by that experience. I’ve always approached life the same way, [but this] made things sharper.”
‘The Old Man’
“The Old Man” was adapted from Thomas Perry’s bestselling novel of the same name. It centers on Dan Chase (Bridges), a former CIA agent who now lives off the radar. However, an assassin (Gbenga Akinnagbe) is on his tail, forcing Dan to confront his past. Other cast members in the series include Lithgow, Amy Brenneman, Alia Shawkat, Bill Heck, Seem Lubany, and EJ Bonilla.
The series was developed by Jonathan E. Steinberg and Robert Levine and had Jon Watts serving in an executive producer role. FX’s “The Old Man” is set to launch on June 16th and will also debut on Disney+ (Star) in international markets and Star+ In Latin America later this year.