Veteran actor Alec Baldwin returned to work after the “Rust” shooting incident that led to the death of a cinematographer while on set.
He uploaded a video on Instagram to update fans on his acting as he promised to keep a little diary while he was traveling.
In the video, the actor spoke about how he felt about being back at work after months of not working and following the unfortunate shooting incident.
Alec Baldwin Shares Details Of His First Day Back To Shooting Films
While laying his head on a pillow, Baldwin recorded himself talking about the first day back to work after three and a half months.
He wrote under the post, “Day one of our little project….” The celeb further described the day as tricky and said, “It’s strange to go back to work; I haven’t worked since October 21 of last year.”
The film producer went on to talk about the accident that involved the accidental shooting of Halyna Hutchins, a cinematographer on the set of “Rust.”
Baldwin was given a prop gun that allegedly wasn’t meant to contain bullets. Unfortunately, the weapon fired and killed Hutchins.
The tragedy haunted Baldwin, and he still found it hard to talk about it. The movie’s production has been put on hold while investigations are being carried out regarding the tragedy.
Baldwin further detailed his new movie “Everybody’s Young” by comparing the youth of the cast and crew on set to his old age. He added:
“You know when you have a very limited budget, you’re filling positions with people who are good. But they’re probably early in their career and young. And they work hard.”
The statement led to his description of the crew as a hardworking bunch who had been on their feet all day in an unheated building.
View this post on Instagram
Baldwin is set to return home with just a few more days to go. The father-of-seven concluded the video with words on how much he missed his kids and couldn’t wait to get back home.
Over 83,000 people viewed the video, and almost 700 fans commented. A few fans were excited to have him back, and they expressed how proud they were of him taking the step to return after the accident.
The “Knots Landing” Star And Others Receive Blame For “Rust” Accident
The Blast previously reported that Hannah Gutierrez Reed, the head armorer of “Rust,” blamed Baldwin, the assistant director, and the ammunitions company for the tragic death of Hutchins.
Last month, Gutierrez Reed filed a lawsuit against Seth Kenney, the owner of PDQ Arm & Prop, the ammunition company that supplied ammo used in filming the movie.
She claimed that the gun had false rounds, which she loaded herself and handed over to Dave Halls, the assistant director, before the incident.
However, she believed that Kenney provided the movie set with live rounds since he and his company had access to the ammo on set.
Before the accident, the head armorer requested Baldwin to partake in a shooting training session, but the star refused.
View this post on Instagram
Halls, who was meant to stay with the gun after she loaded it during rehearsals, handed the weapon over to the untrained Baldwin 15 minutes after she left. That was a breach of protocol.
Last December, the cast and crew of “Rust” apologized publicly in a detailed letter of how hurt they felt about the cinematographer’s death. They told their side of the story and quelled rumors about their unprofessionalism.
The Golden Globes Awards Recipient Recounts Art Fraud Story Via Podcast
The Blast shared that Baldwin was set to narrate a true-crime series podcast called “Art Fraud” last month after the shooting on the set of “Rust.” The podcast premiered on February 1.
The series was based on the story of The Knoedler Gallery, as was told by Vanity Fair. Michael Shnayerson wrote the script, and it detailed the unfortunate fall of the gallery.
The gallery’s collapse came about when they had a business partnership with a fraud who sold them $80 million worth of fake artworks for seventeen years without realizing the painting’s authenticity until later.
Baldwin could relate to the story as he was once a victim of art fraud. In 2016, he sued Mary Moone, an art gallery owner, for selling him a fake Ross Bleckner painting, and he won the case.