Kid Rock says he is channeling his anger about the criticism he’s recently received to produce the greatest album and tour he’s ever created. The “Bawitdaba” rapper announced Wednesday morning on social media that he is officially back in the studio and issued a not-so-subtle threat to anyone who has crossed the rocker recently.
“All this BS going on has just go [sic] my blood pumpin’ and is only more songwriting fuel for a new record and tour in 2021.
I am beholden to no one, no corporate sponsors, no label and I am gonna go the fuck off!
You haters better be shaking in your boots.
To my supporters and fans, I will not let you down.
I guarantee it will be my best record and tour ever.
Devil Without a Cause…
Along with his rant, Rock also shared a photo of himself standing in the studio shirtless with his back to the camera … and raising both middle fingers to everyone who has something to say.
Kid Rock’s music big reveal comes hours after it was announced he would not be renewing a license for his Detroit restaurant, Made In Detroit, located inside the Little Caesars Arena. He also took shots at Rev. Al Sharpton and others for labeling him a racist, which is believed to be one of the main reasons he is shuttering his restaurant.
Taking to Facebook, Kid Rock wrote a long explanation behind his decision:
“I will not be renewing my licensing agreement for my Made In Detroit Restaurant this April.
I appreciate all who have patronized our place and still have much love for the City of Detroit and the people / organizations that I have helped there for years, black, white, whatever, but learned long ago, go where you’re celebrated, not tolerated.
I guess the millions of dollars I pumped into that town was not enough. I will let the NAN network and others go ahead and take the wheel now. Good luck.
I may be guilty of being a loud mouth jerk at times, but trying to label me racist is a joke, and actually only does a disservice to the black community, which I have supported my entire life, by trying to alienate myself and many others.”
“PS – Hey Al Sharpton, you or your cronies will never beat me you tax evading, race baiting clown!
250k donated to Eastern Market for the Kid Rock community kitchen
250k donated for the Barbara Bush reading innovative in Detroit
1m raised to help save The DSO, many, many more 10’s if not 100’s of thousands of dollars raised and donated in Detroit by Kid Rock”
The restaurant opened in 2017 to multiple sellout shows performed by the musician, and the contract ends in April 2020. The holdings company behind the restaurant also released a statement about Kid Rock not going forward.
“We have been in contact with Kid Rock. He has voluntarily decided not to renew his licensing agreement for the Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit restaurant which comes up for renewal in April. We are in the business of amazing and inspiring our fans and guests through an incredible array of world-class sporting and live entertainment events. As our venues are open, inviting, inclusive, and respectful to all, we look forward to bringing on an exciting new concept that aligns with our community and company values.”
All of Kid Rock’s recent drama can be traced back to comments he made about Oprah Winfrey. He has had disdain for the talk show mogul for years, but cellphone video surfaced from last month showing the musician at his Honky Tonk & Rock N’ Roll Steakhouse in Nashville while he was in the middle of a vulgar rant about Oprah and other talk show personalities, like Joy Behar.
“Oprah Winfrey is like ‘Hey, I want to get some white women to believe in this sh–t,” he was filmed saying, adding, “f–k her!”
After the video surfaced, Kid Rock went on Twitter and doubled down about his hate for Oprah.
Something tells us she will be mentioned on the new album.
My people tried to get me to do The Oprah Winfrey show years ago and her people wanted me to write down 5 reasons why I loved her and her show…🏳️🌈 I said fuck that and her. End of story.
— Kid Rock (@KidRock) November 29, 2019