The model who was arrested for allegedly using a dead guy’s credit card info to make thousands of fraudulent purchases didn’t exactly hide her flashy lifestyle from investigators because she regularly touted high-end traveling and living on the Gram.
Shannade Clermont has been accused of wire fraud, access device fraud and aggravated identity theft. During the months investigators linked her to the alleged fraudulent purchases, the model appeared to not even try and hide her life of opulence.
According to the U.S. Attorney, after the former “Bad Girls Club” star acquired information from two debit cards belonging to the man who had allegedly hired the reality star as a prostitute hours before he was discovered dead. Clermont is not implicated in the man’s death, which was ruled an overdose, however investigators linked her to over $20,000 in purchases made on the stolen cards between February 2017 and May 2017.
Some of the specific purchases allegedly made by Clermont include:
- March 13 — Two airline tickets purchased through travel site in amount of $324.36
- March 15 — Two payments of $324.36 to another airline
- March 25 — $552.10 to a retail store
- March 29 — $447.83 to a retail store
- March 29 — $125.27 to pay a phone bill
- March 31 — $1,441.30 to a rent management company
- March 31 – April 3, Over $500 in payments to an online retail store
- April 3, $969.47 to a retail store
- April 4 – April 5, Retail purchases in amounts of $2005.80 / $4,255.80 / $4,172.12
- April 5 — Attempted airline purchase in amount of $315.92
Prosecutors noted in the documents that Clermont has “Amassed a large social media following and has regularly posted publicly available photos.”
Some of the photos, which are still up, during the dates in question show Clermont and her twin sister, Shannon, posing with fancy purses and jewelry, and attending club events.
The girls, who both appeared as models in Kanye West‘s Yeezy Season 6, also claimed they had traveled to exotic locations, like China.
As we reported, Clermont was released into the custody of her sister Wednesday afternoon after posting $100,000 bail. As per the conditions of her release, she must submit to drug testing and treatment, pretrial supervision, and cannot possess a firearm.
She was also ordered to surrender her travel documents, so no more flying to fancy places for the time being.
Clermont and her management team have not yet responded to requests for comment.