Some of the most beloved characters on television also happened to be in charge at the office ... and no better time to recognize our favorites than on October 16 for National Boss' Day!
Scroll through our list ... did your favorite make the cut?
- Michael Scott -- You can't include a list of bosses and not recognize the guy who actually has the "World's Best Boss" mug.
- Selena Meyer -- It would be rough working for the star of "Veep," but few people deliver a better insult to an assistant than Meyer.
- Jack Donaghy -- If we all had a high powered studio exec we could turn to for advice and insults ... we would probably be as crazy as Liz Lemon.
- Mr. Burns -- He gave the workers all the tartar sauce they could handle, but then he released the hounds on them.
- Leslie Knope -- If everyone was as passionate as Leslie Knope was about her job and employees, the world would be a better place.
- Tony Soprano -- He wasn't always the most merciful boss, especially if you wore your hat in a nice Italian restaurant, but he sure did love those ducks.
- Cookie Lyons -- As the HBIC at "Empire," nobody second guesses her decisions ... plus her wardrobe is fabulous.
- Don Draper -- We learned everything we could about advertising from the founder of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, and whether you agreed with what he said or not ... he was usually right.
- Bruce Springsteen -- The Boss ... that is all.