Megan Fox’s ex-lawyer is firing back at the actress’ attempt to sue him for allegedly screwing her over in the purchase of a $5 million dollar mansion by claiming she has no one to blame but herself.
Earlier this year, Fox sued Brad Pitt‘s manager, Cynthia Pett-Dante, for $5 million dollars over a Malibu home purchase that allegedly caused her extreme and unbearable emotional distress and anxiety.
Back in 2016, the actress said Pett-Dante, who was part of a seller group, convinced her to buy a $3.2 million home without telling her of major issues. Fox also sued the lawyer and firm who represented her in the sale, Joseph D’Onofrio, for negligence.
Fox explained at the time she was “a 29-year-old pregnant working mother” with two small children. She believed the home would be “a paradise in bucolic Malibu where she could raise her young family.”
“Instead,” Fox claimed, “the property has been a nightmarish living hell for [Fox] and her family because all of the individuals involved in the transaction” including to the seller, real estate brokers, lawyers, geologists, title officers and appraiser, concealed and/or failed to disclose to her the numerous issues, including serious mold issues in several rooms.
The actress sued demanding $5 million in damages.
On September 4, the law firm who represented Fox in the deal filed court docs demanding they be dismissed from the case.
Joseph D’Onofrio and the firm D’Onofrio Kahn denied all allegations they were negligent in the sale. They claim any problems Megan Fox suffered were through her own negligence and claim she “ratified and/or affirmed the actions and omissions” she is now suing over.
The firm says they did nothing wrong and want to be dismissed from the case ASAP.
The case is ongoing.