Kevin Hart brought the hammer down on a website that dared to post the comedian’s alleged sex tape, and immediately forced it offline.
We’re told within the last week, a well known gossip blog (which The Blast has chosen not to name) posted the entire tape currently at the center of Hart’s extortion investigation. The blog also publicized the video on their social media channels.
Hart’s legal team dove on the grenade, immediately firing off demand letters to the blog’s service provider, as well as notifying Facebook and Instagram.
Almost immediately, the plug was pulled and the site went down. Scrambling to save their content, the blog quickly registered a new site with a different service provider and went live, skirting the lapse as a technical issue.
Non-stripper Montia Sabbag, the woman featured in Hart’s tape, held a press conference Wednesday morning with her attorney to claim she had no idea that her tryst with the comedian was being filmed, and promised to help law enforcement track down the extortionists.
As The Blast first reported, search warrants are currently being drafted to go after the suspects identified by cops from the information Hart provided.
Hart’s legal team says they will continue to go after any reckless outlet or individual that post any part of the alleged sex tape.