Jussie Smollett

‘Empire’ Star Jussie Smollett Turns Over Phone Records But Cops Say They Are ‘Not Sufficient’

Jussie Smollett turned over phone records to police two weeks after he was the victim of a homophobic and racist attack but police say the records are lacking.

According to the Chicago Tribune, a spokesperson for police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said the records “are not sufficient and do not meet the burden of a criminal investigation.” The spokesperson added that police might require additional information from Smollett.

Smollett turned over a heavily redacted document file and his manager gave a screenshot of his phone calls.

The “Empire” star had told police he was on the phone with his manager on January 29 when the alleged attack occurred.

 RELATED  Jussie Smollett Emergency Call Describes Noose Being Placed Around ‘Empire’ Star’s Neck

A spokesperson for Smollett told Page Six, “Phone records from Jussie’s manager were sent to police on Feb. 5 and Jussie’s records were sent over this morning. Both were sent to Chief of Staff to the Superintendent of Police Robert Boik, who confirmed receipt.”

Smollett made his first public appearance earlier this month at a performance in West Hollywood, California, which came just days after the alleged attack.

In addressing the attack, Smollett told the crowd, “I had to be here tonight y’all. I couldn’t let those motherf**kers win.”

 RELATED  Jussie Smollett Seen with Facial Injuries in First Time Since Vicious Attack

Chicago PD released a photo of the potential suspects, which showed two men wearing dark clothing. Detectives are reviewing more cameras but are looking to question the two individuals seen in the photo.

Police say the two people were seen walking near the location of the incident between 1:30 AM and 1:45 AM and are trying to determine if they witnessed the incident, or were possibly involved.

 RELATED LINKS
Jussie Smollett Speaks Out for the First Time Since His Attack: ‘I Still Believe That Justice Will Be Served’
Jussie Smollett’s Family Lashes Out Against ‘Violent and Unprovoked Attack,’ Calling It ‘Domestic Terrorism’
President Donald Trump Calls Attack on ‘Empire’ Star Jussie Smollett ‘Horrible’