There is more evidence against Jussie Smollett that has not been revealed by Chicago police thus far, this according to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.
During the interview, Johnson stressed that Smollett “still has the presumption of innocence” and will get a chance to argue his case, if it ever ends up in court. But Johnson, who laid out the case against Smollett in his fiery press conference last week, said police have even more evidence against him to present.
“There’s a lot more evidence that hasn’t been presented yet,” Johnson told Roberts, “that does not support the version that he gave.”
— Good Morning America (@GMA) February 25, 2019
On Thursday, the producers of “Empire” decided to cut Jussie Smollett from the show’s final two episodes. They announced the decision by saying, “The events of the past few weeks have been incredibly emotional for all of us. Jussie has been an important member of our EMPIRE family for the past five years and we care about him deeply. While these allegations are very disturbing, we are placing our trust in the legal system as the process plays out.”
They continued, “We are also aware of the effects of this process on the cast and crew members who work on our show and to avoid further disruption on set, we have decided to remove the role of ‘Jamal’ from the final two episodes of the season.”
Jussie Smollett is currently out after posting $100,000 bail.