The 19-year-old male allegedly responsible for the deadly shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL had his Instagram account — which included an anti-Muslim slur — deleted within two hours of the shooting.
A source connected to Nikolas Cruz, the alleged shooter, took screenshots of an Instagram page believed to belong him.
Our source says law enforcement is aware of this account and believes it is authentic.
According to police, the shooting began today around 3:00 PM ET. The screenshots taken by our source (see above and below) were taken at 4:41 and 4:42 PM ET. The Blast attempted to access the account around 5:00 PM ET, but it had already been deleted.
The account had a few photos of a masked man posing with knives, and one holding what appeared to be a fake gun. In that one, you can see Cruz’s red hair, which matches up with shots of the alleged shooter that were taken today when Cruz was taken into custody.
In another photo posted to the account, Cruz wrote, “well at least we now know what it means when a sand durka says allahu Akbar.” The photo the accompanying the message is a screenshot of a Google search results screen from “what does allahu akbar” mean.
We reached out to The Broward County Sheriff’s Office and Instagram for comment about the account and its removal — so far, no word back.
President Trump has also spoken on the tragic shooting, saying “No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.” Celebrities have also started to react on social media.
My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 14, 2018
At the time of this posting, the casualty count was at 17.