Last night marked the 51st Annual Country Music Association Awards hosted by Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley and all the big names were in Nashville for the event.
Parts of telecast featured powerful moments and tributes about the tragedies impacting country music like the recent mass shooting in Las Vegas at a Jason Aldean concert and the tragic death of Troy Gentry.
Living country legend Garth Brooks performed but admitted to lip syncing during his award acceptance speech. Gotta love the honesty!
- Garth Brooks was named Entertainer of the year
- Little Big Town vocal group of the year
- Miranda Lambert female vocalist of the year
- Chris Stapleton won album of the year and male vocalist of the year
- “Blue Ain’t Your Color” by Keith Urban won single of the year
Taylor Swift, who wasn’t at the event, also took home an award for song of the year for a tune she penned with Little Big Town.
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) November 9, 2017