Alec Penix is known for keeping celebrities ripped, like Derek Hough, but now he’s sharing his secrets with everyone in his new book and helping us get through the delicious holiday season with some expert advice.
Penix’s new book,“Seven Sundays: A Faith, Fitness, and Food Plan for Lasting Spiritual and Physical Change,” helps balance spiritual and physical health, which Penix believes is extra important during the tempting festive season.
To keep us fitting in our ugly holiday sweaters, Penix is sharing his advice to keep us from looking like Jolly Old Saint Nick:
1. Eat in moderation. Look to feel satisfied not stuffed.
2. Food timing. Schedule the heavy eating to be earlier in the day to give your body time to digest the food before heading to bed.
3. Give away your leftovers!
4. Have smaller snacks throughout the day like G2G bars, so that you don’t overeat during the family get-together.
5. Be more intentional. Keep the heavy carb dishes to a minimum. Striving to have a balance diet of vegetables, lean protein, and fruit during the holidays will keep your body in rhythm.
6. Healthy alternatives. Instead of ice cream have a yogurt parfait. Choose vegetables over stuffing.
We’re not sure about that last one — because stuffing is life — but we can get on board with some of Penix’s advice. For more great tips on staying fit and full of faith, check out Penix’s book!