The boyfriend of Whitney Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kirstina, died of a heroin overdose.
According to the autopsy and toxicology report, Gordon died of a heroin overdose after he was found in cardiac arrest inside of a Florida hotel room.
Gordon had traces of Narcan in his system when he died, according to a report, which makes sense considering they would use the drug to counteract the effects of opiates.
The 30-year-old was hospitalized for 7 hours before he died.
At the time of his death, Nick’s attorney said, “My heart is heavy today after learning that my long time client Nick Gordon died at the young age of thirty. While I cannot speak to the specific circumstances of his death, I can say that it’s been truly heartbreaking to have witnessed first hand the total devastation that drug addiction has wreaked upon a group of young friends, all of whom were loved and had immense potential.”
Nick’s brother, Jack Walker Jr, broke the news on social media, posting, “GOD WHY DID I HAVE TO LOSE MY BROTHER ON NEW YEARS, All I can do is cry.”
As we reported, paramedics were called to a Sheraton Hotel in a suburb of Orlando, Florida in early January, after receiving a call Nick was found unresponsive.
First responders began treating Gordon inside the hotel room and then transported him to a local hospital where he ultimately passed away. At the time, the caller reported a black substance coming from Nick’s mouth when he was found, which seemed to confirm the presence of an opiate overdose.
Gordon’s death came nearly five years after Bobbi Kristina, died in a similar fashion inside of a Georgia apartment bathtub. The 22-year-old daughter of both Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown died after six months in a coma. She was found face-down in the bathtub submerged with water.
Her autopsy reported showed the singer’s daughter had “morphine, cocaine, alcohol and prescription drugs” in her body at the time of death. Gordon was investigated for the death after the medical examiner couldn’t determine if anyone played a role in her death, or if it was just an accident.
Nick was never charged with a crime in the case, and the DA in Fulton County issued this statement following his death, “We too are just learning of Mr. Gordon’s passing. In light of his death, we will make an assessment in terms of how to move forward, and we will make an announcement regarding our decision when it is appropriate to do so.”
As you know, Whitney Houston was also found dead in a hotel room bathtub after ingesting narcotics and drowning. According to her autopsy report, “small spoon with a white crystal-like substance in it and a rolled-up piece of white paper” were found in the bathroom near where she died. “Some people use a spoon for cocaine administration,” officers said.