Tekashi69 has been moved from the federal lockup facility and transferred to a secret location because his life was in danger, and his legal team wants to make it clear it was not for ratting on his old crew.
Sources familiar with the hip-hop star’s criminal case tell The Blast Tekashi was moved last week out of the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn after it was discovered threats had been made against the star.
Some media outlets have suggested Tekashi was moved to a new facility because he is snitching on his crew in order to gain favor in his case, but the rapper’s attorney, Lance Lazzaro, says his client is “Not giving states evidence.” Lazzaro assured us that the move was only “due to threats.”
Tekashi appeared in court Monday morning and entered a not guilty plea for the 6 felony counts against him, including racketeering. He was once again denied bail and given a trial date of September 4, 2019.
We’re told Tekashi’s attorney plans on filing for bail directly with the trial judge this week to try and spring his client out of custody long before his scheduled trial date.