SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Tamar Braxton Threatened Suicide 'Twice In The Past Year' Says Family Members

Gettyimages | Johnny Louis
By Mike Walters

Tamar Braxton threatened to end her own life several times in the past year, promoting her family to react very strongly when the reality star sent a message which seemed like she may be following through on the threat.

According to sources close to Braxton, Tamar had threatened suicide 'twice in the past year' and thankfully the message was heard loud and clear by her family and boyfriend and they took the situation very seriously.

As we reported, Braxton admitted her internal struggles in a scathing letter to the television network which airs her successful reality show --- telling them she was suicidal over what she thought was an intrusion on her personal life.

In the letter, Braxton described how reality show producers dug up information about a sexual assault in her past, and 'exploited' it for the show.

Related to what you're reading:

Tamar Braxton's Family Took The Threats Very Seriously


The "final stake into the heart of my family" she described came “the day you dug up a secret I’d never shared with anyone, a secret I was so ashamed to talk about that I hid it even from my own mom: the fact that I had been assaulted and raped repeatedly from age 6 to age 16, sometimes multiple times a day.”

She accused them of exposing it "on your show in front of my entire family and 100 crew members." The reality star was clear, "You broke me that day and I considered ending my own life then for the shame I felt!”

'The Only Way I See Out Is Death'


We broke the story, Braxton also drafted a tweet and sent a copy to family members just hours before her hospitalization which they considered a threat as well.

"I am a slave. I do not own my life. My stories. My pictures. My thoughts or beliefs. I’ve asked my massa to free me. I’m threatened and punished for it," she wrote.

Adding, "The only way I see out is death. I will choose that before I continue to love (sic) like this. Please help me (praying hands emoji)."

As we reported, Tamar was rushed to Los Angeles hospital on Thursday night, after her boyfriend found her 'unconscious' and called 911.

See The Draft Tweet Tamar Sent Her Family Hours Before The Incident

At the time, her boyfriend indicated to first responders that she had been drinking alcohol, taken an unknown amount of prescription medication, and believed she could have followed through on the threat to end her life.

We're told he frantically 'shook' and 'checked her breathing and pulse' in the minutes leading up to paramedics arriving, thinking her might lose her.

Tamar remains hospitalized in 'stable condition' and is awaiting a decision on further treatment. Also, it's still unclear if Tamar was intentionally taking the medication and drinking, or if it was just the reaction of her boyfriend upon walking in on the scene.

Load Comments
Next Article