‘Shahs of Sunset’ star Ali Ashouri says he is in fear for his physical safety after he was allegedly attacked by his co-star, Reza Farahan, on the set of the hit reality show. In his restraining order filing, Ali also claims he is the victim of constant harassment and bullying.
According to new legal documents, obtained by The Blast, Ali filed a restraining order against Reza in Los Angles County Court and claims that during an incident last year, he was assaulted by his co-star on the set of the show. Ali claims beef has continued and now he is in fear for his safety.
In the filing, Ali claims on April 18, 2020 — “While filming a reality show, (Reza) attacked me physically and ever since has been threatening me online on his social media platforms. Video proof of all claims available.”
He continued, “He physically assaulted me on camera while filming a reality show for Bravo. He poured water on my face, and put his hands on me and assaulted me. All actions are recorded by cameras. He later has been on social media bragging about his conduct and keeps threatening me via social media and it is causing me harm. I am afraid for my safety. I want Mr. Farahan to refrain from using my name on any level and on all platforms.
In the restraining order, Ali is asked to describe any injuries that he has received due to this specific situation. He claims, “Emotional distress caused by the violence + threats. I am scared for my safety, and I need protection from his verbal and physical abuse.”
As for the bullying, Ali claims he [is the victim of a lengthy harassment campaign which started after the incident on the show. He claims Reza has, “Harassed me online on his IG, and other TV programs saying he doesn’t regret his actions. Harassing me and bullying me online after assaulting me physically.”
In the documents, Ali is asking a judge to order Rez to stay “30 yards” away from his house and workplace.
Also, he is asking a judge to force Reza to “stop harassing me on social media, stop using my name in defamatory slander and stop threatening me on all levels while on TV Programs, or social media. Refrain from calling me other defamatory names, nicknames and to stop bragging about wanting to cause me physical harm.”
As we reported, Ali was at the center of big drama on this season of ‘Shahs of Sunset’ after he was accused of spreading a rumor about Reza’s husband playing ‘naked Jenga’ why he was away.
Apparently, the last time the two men were in the same room, an argument turned violent after Reza confronted Ali over the situation.
After we broke the story about the existence of the restraining order, Ali told E! — “I want this to be a lesson that you can’t go around assaulting people and then holding others like Tommy to a different standard. I just want him to be accountable for his actions. This has nothing to do with MJ. This has to do with how Reza continues to treat me.”
A judge has denied Ali’s request for an emergency restraining order against Reza and set a hearing date for June 5, 2020 — where they will face off in court.