Michelle Rounds died after ingesting a deadly mix of prescription drugs, and her death has been ruled a suicide by officials.
According to officials at the Medical Examiner’s office in Orlando, Rounds’ death was “ruled suicide, and the cause of death was listed as intoxication by amitriptyline, clonazepam, and quetiapine.”
Amitriptyline is an anti-depressant, clonazepam is for panic disorder, and quetiapine is used to treat bi-polar and schizophrenia disorder.
As we previously reported, multiple pill bottles were found near Rounds’ body when she was discovered at home by her wife on September 11.
Family members believed Rounds was “not thinking clearly” while taking her medications.
At the time of her death, ex-wife Rosie O’Donnell released a statement saying, “I am saddened to hear about this terrible tragedy. Mental illness is a very serious issue affecting many families. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michelle’s family, her wife and their child.”