SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Prince Died From Counterfeit Vicodin, Did Not Knowingly Take Fentanyl

By TheBlast Staff

Prince took counterfeit Vicodin and did not knowingly ingest fentanyl, which eventually led to his death, it was announced on Thursday.

Mark Metz, the Carver County Attorney in Minnesota, made the announcement, saying "nothing in the evidence suggests Prince knowingly ingested fentanyl."

Metz added that Prince had no prescriptions in his name and the counterfeit Vicodin he took was not prescribed by a doctor. There was no "reliable evidence," Metz said, that revealed who provided the singer with the counterfeit medication.

There will be no criminal charges filed by the Carver County Attorney, Metz added, while also saying there was "no conspiracy to murder Prince."

Also on Thursday, TIME reports that Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg agreed to pay $30,000 to settle a federal civil violation after he was accused of illegally prescribing an opioid painkiller for Prince a week before he passed away.

Schulenberg was not under criminal investigation.

Prince died on April 21, 2016 from an overdose of fentanyl. He was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator at his famous Paisley Park estate.

He was 57.

Related to what you're reading:
Next Article