The former “Boardwalk Empire” star is one of many women who has accused Weinstein of sexual abuse, and although she has made criminal allegations and is still battling Weinstein over a lawsuit, no charges were ever filed by the Manhattan D.A. against the producer.
On Monday, Paz was seen in an odd video coordinated with the paparazzi, being led from the D.A.’s office by her slick attorney, Mark Heller.
The actress appeared disheveled in the video, but adamantly told the cameraman, “I am completely sane!”
She also said reports of her hospitalization back in May, when a friend reportedly called 911, was a “lie.”
At the time, it was reported that the actress’ friend had thought she was suicidal and called emergency responders. An attorney for Paz later told the NY Post that, “She’s fine. The Weinstein mediation has just been another setback and irritant. It was an episode of depression or upset, and I think perhaps blown out of proportion.”
In response to Paz’s alleged meeting with the D.A., Weinstein’s attorney, Donna Rotunno, tells The Blast, “Ms. de la Huerta’s narrative has been reviewed and considered several times already and each time, been rejected by the New York D.A.”
Engelmayer adds, “We are thoroughly confident that there is nothing more about her claims to be considered,” and that the whole thing, “seems to be little more than a publicity stunt.”
On Sunday, Paz was posting nude photos to her Instagram page captioned with a long rant accusing someone of reading through her emails. The actress did not say who she believed was reading her messages, but said she was going to share the news with her lawyer.
Paz filed a $60 million lawsuit against Weinstein last year in California, claiming she lost millions of dollars in income after he allegedly raped her twice in 2010.