SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Nina Dobrev Reveals Hospitalization Was For Extreme Allergic Reaction, Anaphylactic Shock

Instagram
By Mike Walters

Nina Dobrev is on the mend after being hospitalized for what she says was an extreme reaction to her allergies.

The 'Vampire Diaries' star took to social media to explain her situation after photos from a hospital bed surfaced on BFF Julianne Hough's Instagram.

“A lot of people have expressed concern after seeing Julianne [Hough]’s story,” the actress began. She then pointed out, “I’m okay.”

The actress then posted three pictures from inside the hospital where she is sporting an oxygen mask and looks a little worse for the wear.

“It’s pretty routine/has happened to me quite a few times because I have a lot of allergies. Depending on the severity, I sometimes go into anaphylactic shock as a result. But Jules was with me and the doctors at Cedars were AMAZING so back at home now, and I’m OK.” she said in the caption.

Later that night, Nina was released from the hospital and posted a boomerang selfie from inside her home saying, “See? Back at home. Swelling is basically gone. We’re all good over here.”

Related to what you're reading:
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Thank You Julianne!!

Instagram

Nina thanked the large group of fans who sent her well wishes, including several who were worried about her after seeing Julianne's Instagram story.

“Appreciate your thoughts,” she said. “I’m fine, and I’ll be fine, XO.”

Nina gave one more shoutout to the friend who spent the night with her in the ER, Julianne Hough, “Love ya Jules. Thanks for being my mom…again.”

One of Nina's fan pages tweeted thanking Julianne for being there for Nina, "I’m so sad about what happened to her but at the same time I’m glad she’s ok now and thank you @juliannehough for being by her side in these moments. Feel better soon baby girl @ninadobrev."

Inside The Hospital...Scary Situation

Instagram

Over the weekend, Julianne Hough posted video and photos inside Dobrev's hospital room but at the time didn't reveal exactly what was wrong, which worried her fans about her condition.

"Well, this is my night at the emergency room, on a Sunday night with...guess who!" Hough posted on Instagram.

She continued, "Who would I be at the Emergency Room with on a Sunday night?! Thank God I went to visit this little sheesh!"

Hough posted several more pictures from inside the emergency room, one covering Nina's face with a sunglasses filter and wearing an oxygen mask.

Julianne finished the story with a photo from inside the hospital room, with her feet covered by a hospital blanket. The 'America's Got Talent' star joked that Nina is "good at sharing."

Not The First Time...

Instagram

For the record, this isn't the first time the duo has spent the night in an ER together.

In 2015, the “Vampire Diaries” star injured herself while on Christmas vacation. Hough can be seen in a photo while the pair checks Dobrev into the hospital.

"It's not a holiday/vacation unless Nina makes a trip to the hospital! Good thing mom is always here to MAKE her go!" Hough posted at the time.

The picture shows the two stars pouting in front of the Pediatric/Adult Urgent Care of the hospital.

In a similar fashion, Hough did not reveal what type of injury Dobrev sustained during this hospital stay. Julianne insinuated Nina took a fall after hashtagging the post, #ohnina #loveyou #clutz

Load Comments
Next Article