On January 22, Nas filed court documents in his never-ending custody and support battle with the “Milkshake” singer over their 9-year-old son, Knight.
Nas wants Kelis found in contempt, and claims she has violated their custody agreement 17 times since January 2018.
In his affidavit for contempt, The “One Mic” rapper explains he had an agreement with Kelis — she would have custody on Christmas and he would have custody on New Year’s Eve.
He claims, “In or around December of 2018, Petitioner (Kelis) moved to Cartagena, Colombia and took the minor child without my consent.”
Nas says Kelis told him she intends to stay in Colombia, and plans to tend to a farm with her husband, who she claims is Colombian. Nas says he only recently learned Kelis left Los Angeles and allegedly took their son out of private school and plans to homeschool the child.
“On Christmas, Petitioner informed me by text message that although her ‘plan’ had been to bring the minor child back to me in Los Angeles for New Year’s, the plan had changed. She then stated that the new plan was to come back on January 4, 2019.”
Nas included the alleged text messages from Kelis in his court filing.
Nas claims Kelis did not return to L.A. on January 4, but instead made him wait until January 14 before bringing the child back into the U.S. Nas also claims he was unable to reach or speak with his child during the time he was in Colombia.
Nas is accusing Kelis of willfully violating the custody order and refusing to allow him to see his son. He also claims Kelis has refused to pay $8k in sanctions she was ordered to pay previously.
A hearing has been set for April.