Michael Avenatti will not be charged by the Los Angeles City Attorney in the incident of alleged domestic violence at his home last year.
In a statement, a rep for the City Attorney's Office tells The Blast they have declined to file charges at this time but they have the option to file charges later if anything changes.
"The City Attorney's Office has reviewed all of the reports in this matter and considered all of the evidence," the rep said. "This matter has been set for City Attorney Hearings in which both the victim and the suspect will have an opportunity to be heard on different days."
They continued, "The victim will be advised of services available to her. The suspect will be informed that although we decline to file charges at this time, this matter remains open and we may file charges at any time prior to the expiration of the statute of limitations."
Avenatti tweeted about the decision, saying, " am extremely thankful that after three thorough investigations, one by the LAPD, one by the LA District Attorney, and one by the LA City Attorney, the truth of my innocence is now established and no charges are being brought."
He continued, "Every purported victim should have her or his claims investigated. Here, that is exactly what happened. I wish to thank the LAPD, LADA, and LACA for their professionalism during this difficult process. I will continue to speak truth to power and seek justice for my clients."
Michael Avenatti was arrested on November 14 after cops responded to a domestic violence call at his home.
The alleged victim, Mareli Miniutti, was granted a temporary restraining order against him a few days after the alleged incident.
Miniutti had claimed to have been living with Stormy Daniels’ attorney since last January, and on November 13, 2018, they got into an argument over money. She claims Avenatti called her an “ungrateful f--king b--h” and began forcefully hitting her in the face with pillows from the bed.
The actress claimed Avenatti had a history of being verbally abusive and financially controlling. She says he has “vehemently opposed my desire to earn a living outside of Hollywood,” and has “made promises to ‘take care of me.'"
Avenatti’s case was sent to the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office after the District Attorney decided the incident did not warrant a felony prosecution.
Avenatti denied the allegations against him at the time, saying in a statement, “I have never been physically abusive in my life nor was I last night. Any accusations to the contrary are fabricated and meant to do harm to my reputation. I look forward to being fully exonerated.”