After her most successful year yet, Megan Thee Stallion gifted herself a little something extra special for her 25th birthday. She clearly
wasn’t sweating the drama with her record label because she was out spending money even though the rapper claimed she was only bringing home 40% of her music income. Flaunting the elaborate gift she bought herself for her birthday back in February, the “Hot Girl Summer” rapper posted a video of a diamond chain dripping in bling with the words “Hot Girl” standing out inside of flames.
Posting the iced-out bling to her Instagram on Wednesday, Megan Thee Stallion flaunted the diamond necklace as her hit featuring Nicki Minaj played in the background. “THE HOT GIRL COACH ??♀️ this was my birthday present to myself ??,” the rapper captioned the video. She also tagged the jeweler who just so happens to be Elliot Eliantte. He’s the jeweler to several hip-hop stars including Migos rapper Offset and Lil Pump. Megan Thee Stallion showed off the pricey gift to herself just one day before her big victory in court.
The Blast broke the story, a Texas judge shut down Megan Thee Stallion’s record label, 1501 Certified Entertainment, and label head Carl Crawford, denying the emergency motion they filed against the star. 1501 Certified Entertainment tried to stop Megan Thee Stallion from releasing any new music without their permission. The rapper is planning to drop a new song, “Suga,” tomorrow. The record label claims that her contract states she can’t release new tracks without their permission. Days ago, Megan Thee Stallion sued Megan sued 1501 and Carl accusing them of using “bullying and strong-armed tactics.”
The “B.I.T.C.H.” rapper claimed she signed a bad contract with them at age 20 and didn’t realize until she joined Jay-Z‘s Roc Nation management team. The contract states that 1501 is paid 60% of her recording income with Megan Thee Stallion only taking home the remaining 40%. Out of her percentage, she also has to pay her employees. She also accused the record label of failing to provide required accounting for her touring income. Megan is suing 1501 and Carl for at least $1 million in damages.