KTLA anchor Chris Burrous died from an overdose of crystal meth while engaging in vigorous sexual activity with a man he met on Grindr.
According to the L.A. County Medical Examiner, Burrous died from methamphetamine toxicity after being found unresponsive in a Glendale motel on December 28. The manner of death is listed as accidental.
According to the death investigation, officials say Burrous worked his shift at KTLA, and then left early for the day complaining he felt ill.
Instead of going home, he set up a meeting with a man at a motel in Glendale for an afternoon of hardcore sex. The two allegedly met on Grindr and had hooked up multiple times in the past.
When the companion arrived, Burrous allegedly answered the door fully nude, and had set up the room with "DJ style" lighting, S&M toys, lubrication jelly and a massage bench. The two men allegedly engaged in various forms of sexual activities.
At some point during the meeting, 43-year-old Burrous allegedly inserted a "rock" of crystal meth into his body.
He then allegedly gave his companion a syringe full of GHB and a bottle of Gatorade. The two became intimate again, and Burrous allegedly used another "rock" of meth before engaging in more sexual activity.
The report states Burrous also used "poppers," an amyl nitrite inhaled that produces a euphoric effect.
Burrous allegedly told his companion he was feeling fine until the man noticed him making a strange noise, and flipped him over to realize Burrous had vomited inside his S&M mask.
The man called 911 and began to perform CPR on Burrous until emergency responders arrived. He was transported to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead in the emergency room.
During the death investigations, officials were told Burrous, who leaves behind a wife and young daughter, did not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse, and apparently only used drugs recreationally.
Burrous' companion was cooperative throughout the investigation and no foul play is suspected in his death.