A first responder, who was on the scene the day Kobe Bryant tragically died after his private helicopter crashed into a hillside in Calabasas, took graphic photographs of the scene….and now the department is looking into the situation after those photos were shared with others.
The photos, which were allegedly shared by deputies with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, featured shots from up close on the accident site and of the victims remains, but it was not clear if those photos were shared with the officers or if they were taken by someone that person who arrived early on the scene, this according to the Los Angeles Times.
In their report, The Times says one source told them the photos were shared with other officials “in a setting” that had nothing to do with the investigation into Kobe’s death. In other words, people were just looking at the tragic photos….just to look.
Also, the L.A. Sheriff’s Department contacted the victim’s family members on Wednesday about the situation. But, the report says it was not to tell them of the allegations, but because there was a media inquiry about the existence and sharing of the photos.
As we reported, Kobe Bryant’s helicopter crashed into the hillside killing all nine people aboard, including his 13-year-old daughter Gigi. The NTSB released several graphic pictures from the crash site, none of which showed any of the victim’s remains. At the time, fans of the NBA legend were still upset about the release of the photo since they showed just how horrible the wreckage is at the site.
Kobe’s wife, Vanessa Bryant, is suing the company that owned the helicopter, saying the pilot was reckless in flying that fateful morning based on the weather. She says he should have canceled the flight, and knew it would be extremely risky to fly at the time. She also pointed out he had been cited for a similar issue in 2015.