Damon Dash’s sexual assault accuser’s lawyer is firing back at the music producers claims and revealing more women have contacted him.
High-powered attorney, Christopher Brown, is representing famed photographer Monique Bunn in the recently filed $50 million-dollar lawsuit against Damon. In the suit Monique accuses Damon of sexual battery during a 2019 incident.
Following the lawsuit being filed, Damon has accused the lawyer of trying to make him the next Harvey Weinstein. Damon claimed the lawyer was being investigated by the FBI.
Chris Brown is shutting down the accusations telling The Blast, “This office is counsel to Monique Bunn in the recent filing in the United States District Court in New York against Damon Dash, Raquel Horn and Mr. Dash’s business entities alleging conversion, sexual assault and other claims.”
“Mr. Dash has recently commented in multiple social media postings that my office and I are being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”) for filings relating to Dash. I have been contacted by family, friends, clients and others about Mr. Dash’s allegations.”
He adds, “Let me be clear, there is no investigation of me or my office by the FBI. Mr. Dash’s comments are false and designed to deflect from his own legal problems. Had Mr. Dash completed his homework, he would know that I represent a victim in the R. Kelly federal indictment. If any branch of the federal government or FBI wanted to contact me, they already have my number. My communications with the federal government are ongoing due to the R. Kelly matter and they know where to find me. I would not learn of my own FBI investigation from Mr. Dash’s haphazard social media postings.”
The statement ends, “However, I am thankful for Mr. Dash’s social media postings as other women have now contacted my office to address their past dealings with Mr. Dash.”
In the $50 million-dollar lawsuit filed against Damon and his fiancé Raquel Horn, Monique says,, “In April 2019, Bunn was in contact with Dash and Horn. Dash wanted Bunn, an existing business associate, to meet with him and shoot new programming for Poppington and DDS.”
Bunn was flown out to Los Angeles to meet with Dash and Horn. Once arriving, she immediately started shooting the material for Dash’s companies.
“At the conclusion of the evening Dash and others brought Bunn back to the Dash residence where Bunn was staying during the trip,” read the complaint. She was told she would be sleeping in Dash’s daughter’s room.
Bunn accuses Dash of sexual assault at his home, “While Bunn was at the Dash residence on April 18, 2019, in the late evening, Dash sexually assaulted Bunn. While Bunn was sleeping, Dash approached Bunn and placed his hand on Bunn’s breasts and placed hands/fingers on Bunn’s buttocks. Dash did not have the permission or consent to touch Bunn’s sexual organs. Dash was wearing a robe and had no underwear on. Dash had been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana all day.”
She continued, “Upon waking up due to the unauthorized touching by Dash, Bunn was able to get Dash’s hands off her breasts and buttocks. Dash backed up and asked Bunn “what are you doing?” Bunn responded and said “I am sleeping” and “I will fight you” to Dash. Dash then left the room. Bunn was angry and frustrated by Dash’s offensive and unwanted touching. Bunn stayed at the Dash residence and did not sleep that evening.”
The following day, she accuses Dash of telling her he had a deal with WE tv to shoot a docu-series based on the photographer. “The reality of the situation is that Dash did not have a deal with WETV associated with Bunn and only wanted to keep Bunn silent about the events of April 18, 2019,” she adds.
She accuses Dash and Horn of refusing to return personal photography equipment and hard drives. Monique is suing for the return of her property and $50 million in damages.