Rapper DaBaby has reached a deal to end the lawsuit brought by a concert promoter.
According to court documents obtained by The Blast, DaBaby and Nothing to Something ENTertainment informed the court they hashed out a settlement. As a result, the case is officially closed and all claims dismissed.
As The Blast previously reported, last year, Nothing to Something ENTertainment, represented by powerhouse attorney Chris Brown, sued DaBaby (real name: Jonathan Kirk) for $100,000 in damages.
DaBaby entered into a contract to perform at Centro Night Club in Lawrence, MA on May 17, 2019. The promoter spent $33,000 in promotion expenses and paying the rapper. They claimed he skipped out on the scheduled show after getting into a fight with a fan.
DaBaby counter-sued accusing the promoter of failing to provide adequate security. Nothing to Something ENTertainment denied the allegations in the countersuit and demanded it is tossed.
The promoter said they had no ability to control DaBaby or his personal security team. They said it was the rapper and his entourage that was “provided with the opportunity to avoid the altercation and beat Mr. Saladin until be begged them to stop.”
Nothing to Something said DaBaby never entered the venue to actually receive any security from them and “was actually with a security team of three as he approached the venue.”
The motion read, “Furthermore, a promoter cannot provide security if they are not informed of the artist arrival. Kirk fails to plead that NTS was on notice of his arrival at the venue. Typically artists do not use the front door of venues. They enter back doors to dressing rooms or private areas to avoid interaction with fans in an uncontrolled environment. Kirk was not going to enter the stage from the same area in which the fans are located, as performers enter from the back of the stage.”
The case is officially over. DaBaby recently settled a separate court battle with a video vixen.