SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Conor McGregor in the Clear Over Phone-Smashing Attack

By TheBlast Staff

Conor McGregor is now completely done dealing with an incident earlier this year when he smashed a fan's phone outside of a Miami hotel.

The State's Attorney's Office announced on Monday morning they were dropping all charges against the UFC star, reports the Miami Herald. Prosecutor Khalil Madani said the alleged victim had recanted his story and stopped cooperating with the prosecution.

Madani said in court, "The victim of the crime does not wish to return to the United States and prosecute this case."

McGregor was arrested on March 11 after the alleged altercation Ahmed Abdirzak, who claimed McGregor smashed his phone on the ground after he tried to take a photo outside of the Fontainebleau hotel.

Abdirzak claimed McGregor grabbed him by the arm and punched his phone to the ground. To make matters worse, he claimed McGregor then picked it up, smashed it on the ground, and began stomping it repeatedly.

McGregor was later charged with one count of robbery and one count of criminal mischief.

Abdirzak sued Conor McGregor over the incident but he dismissed the lawsuit last month.

Related to what you're reading:
Next Article