Bethenny Frankel is on the mend after a nasty allergy caused her to have such a severe reaction, the reality star thought she was suffering a stroke.
The Blast obtained the dispatch audio for a medical response after a 911 call was placed Sunday afternoon in Massachusetts while the “Real Housewives of New York” star was in the throws of a bad reaction.
According to the audio, officials noted that a 48-year-old woman was suffering from a fish allergy, and was “losing consciousness.”
Frankel revealed she was hospitalized for the past two days after eating soup that caused an allergic reaction.
She explained, “I have rare fish allergy,” claiming that shortly after eating the soup, she started itching and then went unconscious for 15 minutes.
“I couldn’t talk, see, thought I had a stroke & dying,” adding, “told if 5 mins later I’d be dead.” She says a call to 911 and an EpiPen saved her life.
The reality star says she ended up in the ER and then ICU for two days with a very low blood pressure before bouncing back and getting discharged. She also gave a shout out to the hospital and staff as, “the best hospital I have ever been to and I am so grateful.”
An official from the hospital tells The Blast they are very glad Frankel has made a recovery, and gracious for the kind words she made about her stay.