Bear Grylls went into anaphylactic shock from a bee sting while filming “Treasure Island” and was saved by medics.
Mano Shanmug-anathan, a brain surgeon on the island, said it was odd to see the famous survivalist taken down a couple pegs by a bee.
“I think that Bear is an impressive guy. He understands his tasks at hand and knows what he has to achieve.”
“The irony of Bear the survivalist being stung, having the potential of an allergic reaction, and needing to be treated with an EpiPen, was a bizarre moment. That was crazy!”
As you can see, Grylls was entirely puffed up from the bee sting in a creepy sort of way.
Grylls was on a remote island in the Pacific when he was stung by the bee. At first, Grylls continued filming, but then it became clear that he needed immediate help.
Medics arrived and administered an Epi-Pen, saving Grylls.
“Treasure Island” can be seen next month.