SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Anna Faris And Her Family Are Lucky To Be Alive After Carbon Monoxide Scare

Mega
By Jeff Mazzeo

Anna Faris is thanking her lucky stars and the first responders that helped her family avoid a catastrophic tragedy during the Thanksgiving holiday.

The 43-year-old star was vacationing and rented a home in Lake Tahoe, California with several members of her family when she narrowly escaped death from carbon monoxide poisoning. Several of her guests reported that they were feeling ill but the 13 people initially wrote the feeling off as altitude sickness according to a press release put out by North Tahoe Fire Protection District.

Two guests ended up going to the hospital and it was determined that carbon monoxide poisoning was to blame. The group eventually called the authorities to check on the house and the remaining guests, according to PEOPLE.

After a thorough inspection of the property, the fire department determined that the house was filled with six times the maximum recommended indoor carbon monoxide levels despite having all the windows and doors open for ventilation.

Related to what you're reading:
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Anna Is Forever Grateful

Giphy | Chelsea Handler

The actress was so thankful that no one in her party was seriously hurt and took to social media to praise the people responsible for helping her family. She shared a photo of the home's dining room and the places were all set for dinner.

"I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department- we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate," Faris said in her tweet.

The first responders were unable to determine the source of the problem but noted that there was no carbon monoxide detector in the rental home.

“We are so thankful to report that this holiday disaster was averted,” Mike Schwartz, fire chief for North Tahoe Fire, said in a statement. “Situational awareness is so important. Whether you are at home or traveling, it is important ensure that smoke and CO alarms are in working order anywhere you stay.”

Carbon monoxide is known as the "silent killer" because it is an odorless, colorless gas that deprives the bloodstream of oxygen when inhaled. Common symptoms include dizziness, headaches, and nausea but it often causes fatalities due to suffocation.

Live Tweeting On Thanksgiving

Mega

It seemed that Anna was having a great time because she was live-tweeting her holiday and poking fun at her family.

"1145 am. Rented house for family so we could have rooms. You know, to make love in. Which always happens during the holidays. Mom is concerned we don’t have enough garbage bags.

"1153am. Hiding in the bathroom for just a minute. Choice between onion chopping, walk with family, or pretending my stomach is upset. My dad also wants to show me videos on YouTube."

"708 pm. I’m a bit fussy for not a great reason. It’s just like, why do I have to take the trash out again when my brother is just sitting there?????"

Her holiday seemed a lot like everyone's Thanksgiving but it was no longer fun and games when the illness from the carbon monoxide kicked it. Her family is very thankful that the tragity was avoided and so are Anna's millions of fans.

Load Comments
Next Article