Aaron Carter went to court to get a restraining order against his ex after he claims she assaulted him and threatened to stab him with a knife.
According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Carter claims on July 30, his girlfriend, Lina Valentina, “Physically assaulted me. Hit me in the face and shoved me.:
He added, “She has threatened to stab me several times and she carries a knife with her.”
Carter claims he was left with a bruise on his face following the incident. He also claims Valentina abused him “several times” during the course of their relationship.
Valentina was ultimately ordered to stay 100 yards away from Carter. He also wanted Valentina ordered to move out of his home in Lancaster, CA but then said she did not actually live there, so that part of the restraining order was denied.
A hearing to make the order permanent was scheduled for September 3.
Carter went public with the relationship on Instagram last September, captioning a photo of the two by saying, “No one has understood me and shown the love this woman has for me EVER.”
He added, “You have my heart for the rest of my life our relationship is new but we WILL grow old together and have our family and I will cherish honor respect and be the man I’ve always wanted to be because you’ve shown me you’re the woman I’ve always dreamed of.”
Carter originally announced their breakup earlier this month.
In a statement, Carter said, “Lina and I have decided to go our separate ways. I was really hoping this would be the one that lasted forever. We had even talked about having kids, but we couldn’t seem to get past our differences and the relationship eventually turned unhealthy. I’ve been through so much the past few years and am trying to learn from my mistakes.”
He continued, “I don’t have any regrets being with Lina, and I definitely learned a lot about myself. I think this decision was the mature thing to do. I’m going to keep focusing on my music, my tour and my fans. Hopefully my soulmate is out there somewhere and I’ll meet her soon.”