Detectives are looking to speak with an alleged sexual assault victim of Asia Argento after being made aware that she may have sexually assaulted a 17-year-old boy back in 2013.
The Los Angeles county Sheriff's Department announced Monday afternoon that they were trying to get in touch with the alleged victim or his reps "in an effort to appropriately document any potential criminal allegations."
Sheriffs said they have not yet received any police report alleging criminal activity by Argento, but are responding to the reports naming her as being involved in an incident, which allegedly went down at the Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey.
The New York Times broke the story alleging that the 42-year-old actress and director settled a notice of intent to sue from Jimmy Bennet, who had previously worked with her in a film. The two reportedly struck a settlement right around the time she publicly accused Harvey Weinstein of rape, and Argento allegedly paid the, now 22-year-old, $380,000.
Many leaders of the #MeToo movement have distanced themselves from Argento since the news broke, including Rose McGowan, who said she was "heartbroken."
Argento has not yet addressed the allegations.