Casey Wasserman's Agency May Fall Under All-Women Ownership
By Afouda Bamidele on February 20, 2026 at 5:15 PM EST

Power is about to change hands at the Casey Wasserman Agency, and the changes may be jaw-dropping.
Ashley Bekton, a media executive, is reportedly planning to transform the company into an all-female agency should the bid fall in her favor. The CEO of Bekton Media Group has been silently making her moves, meeting with powerful women in different sectors to achieve her goal.
Casey Wasserman put his company up for sale after his name appeared in the Jeffrey Epstein files, tying him to different forms of sexual misconduct. After the release of the documents, many high-profile clients have cut ties with the agency.
Casey Wasserman's Agency May Soon Reflect 'The Future Is Female'
View this post on Instagram
Wasserman announced that he was selling off his entertainment company, opening it up for bids, and a potential all-female takeover is brewing.
One of the notable contenders is the Founder and CEO of Bekton Media Group, Ashley Bekton, who, according to exclusive information, has been quietly assembling women investors.
She has reached out to powerful women in different sectors of the economy, including entertainment, finance, and sports ownership, to join her all-women investor consortium to place a bid on the Wasserman Agency. A source familiar with Bekton's endeavors told Page Six:
"There's no more direct way to make change than ownership. Given everything that's come to light, it's not just important that a woman-owned agency exists at this level; it's overdue, and this is a spectacular opportunity."
They also disclosed that Bekton is pooling together serious capital silently to make her move, and she feels that a women-led ownership group marks a pivotal moment that would represent a consequential power shift in Hollywood.
The Entertainment Executive's Company Faced A Massive Loss Of Clients
View this post on Instagram
After Wasserman's name surfaced in the recently released Epstein files, a lot of prominent industry members began to cut ties with him. They reportedly did not want to associate with someone tied to such atrocities.
The documents showed that he exchanged steamy, flirtatious emails with the convicted sex offender's partner-in crime, Ghislaine Maxwell. Famous clients like Orville Peck, Laufey, and Chappell Roan publicly denounced working relations with him and walked away from his company.
Before their exit, the Wasserman CEO was reportedly telling people in private that "it's no big deal [and] he doesn't understand what people are so pissed off about."
Once he saw the number and status of clients leaving, he issued a statement of apology to his staff and announced he would be selling the company shortly after, delegating Mike Watts as a temporary head.
The 51-Year-Old Insisted That His Connection To The Sex Offender Was Decades Ago

In the memo he sent to his agency staff, he began by apologizing for the negative light the situation had brought upon them. He then acknowledged that his personal mistakes have negatively affected his clients and partners.
"It's not fair to you, and it's not fair to the clients and partners we represent so vigorously and care so deeply about," the statement read.
The Blast shared in a previous release that Wasserman continued, explaining that he had met Epstein briefly over two decades ago and also admitted to sending the emails as seen in the released files. The CEO wrote:
"It was years before their criminal conduct came to light, and, in its entirety, consisted of one humanitarian trip to Africa and a handful of emails that I deeply regret sending. And I'm heartbroken that my brief contact with them 23 years ago has caused you, this company, and its clients so much hardship over the past days and weeks."
Previously, the 51-year-old sports agent said that he never had a personal or business relationship with the late pedophile, noting that his association with Maxwell was long before he knew about their crimes.
Wasserman Maintains His Position On The Los Angeles 2028 Olympics Board
View this post on Instagram
In light of the scandal, many called for Wasserman to resign or be kicked out as the head of the 2028 L.A. Olympics. He confirmed that his position as head is maintained despite the scandal in his staff memo, which ended with "I devote my full attention to delivering Los Angeles an Olympic Games in 2028 that is worthy of this outstanding city."
The LA 2028 Olympics board held an emergency meeting regarding his position as head of the event on Wednesday, February 11, 2026. Ultimately, they decided that he would remain as the organization's head despite the Epstein files scandal.
The boardissued a statement to this effect, admitting that while they take allegations of misconduct seriously and are fully committed to reviewing any concerns raised about the organization's leadership, Wasserman's interactions with Epstein and Maxwell did not go beyond what was already out in the media.
As shared by The Blast, the Board shared that their review was conducted with the assistance of outside counsel at O'Melveny & Myers LLP, and their conclusion read:
"The Executive Committee of the Board has determined that based on these facts, as well as the strong leadership he has exhibited over the past ten years, Mr. Wasserman should continue to lead LA28 and deliver a safe and successful Games."
Chappell Roan Ditched Casey Wasserman's Agency

Among the many artists who cut ties with the sports executive after the flirty emails between him and Maxwell reached the public was "Hot To Go" singer, Chappell Roan. Roan made her stance publicly known by posting a statement on her Instagram Story on February 9.
In her statement, she did not explicitly state Wasserman's appearance in the recent documents, but her words shed light on the situation as the reason for her actions. In her words:
"As of today, I am no longer represented by Wasserman, the talent agency led by Casey Wasserman. I hold my teams to the highest standards and have a duty to protect them as well."
The Blast shared that the singer extended her message to other industry members, adding, "No artist, agent, or employee should ever be expected to defend or overlook actions that conflict so deeply with our own moral values."
Roan also noted that she could not passively stand by, as all artists are entitled to representation that supports their safety and dignity while aligning with the values they uphold.
Will the takeover of Casey Wasserman's company mark a change in history?