New Nancy Guthrie Ransom Note Labeled 'Chilling' As It 'Graphically Describes The Consequences'
By Favour Adegoke on February 19, 2026 at 6:45 PM EST

Details of a new ransom note have emerged in the ongoing investigation into Nancy Guthrie's kidnapping.
The note is described as even more chilling and graphic than the initial ransom note, which demanded six million dollars in bitcoin in exchange for Guthrie's safe return. Like the first note, the latest communication also requests payment in cryptocurrency, though in a different digital currency than was originally specified.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has yet to confirm the authenticity of either note, but is reportedly examining both as part of the ongoing Nancy Guthrie kidnapping investigation.
The New Nancy Guthrie Note Was Described As 'Chilling' And 'Graphic'

After the emergence of a new ransom note was shared by TMZ, the news outlet's founder, Harvey Levin, revealed more information about the shocking communication.
Levin told CNN's Erin Burnett OutFront on Wednesday that the note is "a little more graphic and chilling" than the first that was received a few days after Guthrie's abduction.
"The previous one was also pretty chilling, but the way this is described is more so," he added, per the US Weekly.
According to Levin, the note displayed even greater sophistication, which delayed its deciphering.
Meanwhile, unlike the first note, its creator reportedly requested that the ransom be paid in a different type of cryptocurrency rather than bitcoin.
"It is a really sophisticated note. I had to get someone to help translate it for me. It involves a demand for crypto — not Bitcoin," Levin said.
The New Ransom Note Requested The Same Amount As The Previous Notes And 'Graphically Describe Consequences'

Despite the latest note's different visual presentation and the altered method of delivery, the ransom amount for Guthrie's freedom seemingly remained the same as in the first note. There were also well-stated consequences if the sum wasn't paid.
"The amount they're asking for in this different type of currency is roughly the same as the amount in the first ransom note, the equivalent of $6 million," Levin revealed. "They graphically describe the consequences if they're not paid."
Several conditions and specifications were also attached to the latest note, including directives that involved the media.
"The money will automatically go into this account if certain things happen. It actually involves the media, too, in terms of what the media puts out," Levin revealed further.
He added, "But it's a very sophisticated way of doing it where one thing triggers another, [which] triggers another. It's beyond my level of knowledge."
The FBI Is Reportedly Investigating The New Note And The Previous Ones

For now, the FBI has yet to confirm the authenticity of the new note or that of the previous one.
However, Levin did claim that the agency is currently looking into both notes and has spent a good amount of time scrutinizing the former.
"They're looking into it," Levin said about the latest alleged ransom note.
He added, "They're definitely looking into the first one. They have spent a lot of time on that first note. That first ransom note has really captured their ongoing attention."
It is unclear whether the Guthrie family is aware of the latest ransom note or if they intend to comply with its demands.
The family had previously indicated a willingness to pay for Guthrie's safe return, but they appear not to have acted on the instructions in the first note, as the attached deadline has long since passed.
The FBI Is Said To Be Desperate To Take Over The Case

Recently, reports have emerged that the FBI is eager to take over the case from local authorities.
This reportedly stems largely from Sheriff Chris Nanos' handling of the investigation, which has yet to produce significant leads in Guthrie's kidnapping.
"Over two weeks into this, the police have made no leads, no progress," a federal source told the New York Post.
For the FBI to assume full control, they would need either Nanos to hand over the case or the Guthrie family to explicitly authorize the agency to lead.
While the latter has not yet occurred, the former is reportedly complicated by Nanos' long-running feud with the FBI.
The Sheriff's Alleged Feud With The FBI Has Complicated The Investigation Into Nancy Guthrie's Disappearance

The alleged feud between Nanos and the FBI dates back to 2015, when the agency investigated his department over the alleged misuse of civil asset forfeiture funds.
At the time, Nanos had just assumed leadership of the department and went on to lose the next election the following year.
He is now said to harbor resentment toward the FBI still, as he believes the agency played a role in costing him his election.
Nanos has, however, denied that there are any issues between him and the FBI in relation to the Nancy Guthrie case.